Picked up another trac and I must say, it's a beauty...

gt4play

GT4times2":2ywhur6g said:
Wow!! (jaw dropped). The car looks great!! Congratulations. Glad it's gone to an Alltrac (& Toyota) enthusiast. The car looks mint. What are your plans with the it? Keeping it stock? Again, Congrats. That has got to be one of, if not the cleanest ST165s I've seen in a while. ST165s are my favorite.

I'm still on the fence as to whether this will be a long term keeper or not. I LOVE this car (very reminiscent of my 89 GTS I had back in the day). I'm working on a potential 4-post lift storage system in my garage so I can be sure it (and my 93 and MR2) are kept in tip-top shape and out of the elements. But if it comes right down to it, there's not prayer in the world that will get me to offload my 93. The MR2? Well, it's just too fun. :)

Fortunately, I have a very understanding and tolerant wife who let me get it anyway (and save those other decisions for later).

Regardless, I'm definitely keeping this stock. I'll probably start going through the engine bay, perfecting the little things. Maybe a set of wheels and (maybe) a low profile cat-back, but that will certainly be the extent of it. Aside from that one super-low mileage 165 that popped up on the radar not long ago, I've never seen one this clean. I want it to stay that way.

gt4play

concealer404":288m80cs said:
Man that's incredible!!!!! :shock:

Seems to be a stupid question in light of the car... but what exactly is that EQ? :p

It's a Kenwood parametric EQ. The overall system is pretty nice - new components all around (haven't figured out what brand yet), Kenwood amps under the seats and a 12" JL in a nicely done, sealed enclosure. It was a pretty sweet bonus to the purchase!

There's also a radar detector installed - circa early 90's I'm guessing. Everything was professionally done.

GT4times2

gt4play":2zjdyjq0 said:
I'm still on the fence as to whether this will be a long term keeper or not. I LOVE this car (very reminiscent of my 89 GTS I had back in the day). I'm working on a potential 4-post lift storage system in my garage so I can be sure it (and my 93 and MR2) are kept in tip-top shape and out of the elements. But if it comes right down to it, there's not prayer in the world that will get me to offload my 93. The MR2? Well, it's just too fun. :)

Fortunately, I have a very understanding and tolerant wife who let me get it anyway (and save those other decisions for later).

Regardless, I'm definitely keeping this stock. I'll probably start going through the engine bay, perfecting the little things. Maybe a set of wheels and (maybe) a low profile cat-back, but that will certainly be the extent of it. Aside from that one super-low mileage 165 that popped up on the radar not long ago, I've never seen one this clean. I want it to stay that way.

That is the key to owning more than one car, or toy. An understanding wife. :)

Do your best to keep it. It looks like it's already in a good home, and in good company. It would be a shame to sell it to someone who would not care for it. I'd keep it very close to stock myself.

toayoztan

Yeah...my wife is "tolerant" of my car passion too lol, but she actually enjoys the cars too, so it's not that big of a deal either!

Bryan

concealer404

gt4play":2n0l5slv said:
concealer404":2n0l5slv said:
Man that's incredible!!!!! :shock:

Seems to be a stupid question in light of the car... but what exactly is that EQ? :p

It's a Kenwood parametric EQ. The overall system is pretty nice - new components all around (haven't figured out what brand yet), Kenwood amps under the seats and a 12" JL in a nicely done, sealed enclosure. It was a pretty sweet bonus to the purchase!

There's also a radar detector installed - circa early 90's I'm guessing. Everything was professionally done.

Thank you sir. :) I'm wanting an old school EQ for my DD, and that would fit the ticket.

gt4play

concealer404":3tq8twv9 said:
Thank you sir. :) I'm wanting an old school EQ for my DD, and that would fit the ticket.
I'll get the specific model number if you'd like - seems to work nicely!

88IMSA

Gorgeous car man, that was a hell of a find. Your collection is great, I especially love the sc430.
I hope you take alot more pics and add to the gallery or the garage section. I would also like to see
more pics of your 185 and mr2. Now you just need to get a little more vintage with your collection
and add a mint 1st gen Celica and a 2000 GT!! :twisted:
I hope I am not being rude, but I just have to know: How much did the 165 set you back?
I'm curious what the market is for a 22,000 mile 165.

esracing

i know how much but cant say.lets say the owner could of got alot more but he still payed a good amount for it.
remember the one from upper new england it had 9000 miles on it i think he got mid teens for it.

gt4play

I'm pretty confident the price I paid wasn't what I'd consider 'market' value for such a clean example of a relatively rare car; the number I negotiated this down to would be a poor representation of what it's truly worth.

So what is it truly worth? :shrug:

I suppose that could be up for debate. I have an idea of what I think it's worth, but I wouldn't have paid it - not because I think that value is too high, but because I have too many other toys to bother. :)

LegacyofDan

psh, i would sell one kidney, one lung and both testicles to own that car.JK of course

What a find, seriously, if you are considering selling this, i would be interested as well, not that i would be able to afford it, but maybe i might lol... i am like shaking in my seat.

just wow...seriously wow. What a find.

i am blown away.

gt4play

quieter":25bry0u0 said:
congrats man!! looks in fantastic condition, now thats what i call pristine!!!!

Thanks! Yeh, I couldn't believe it myself....can't wait to get under the hood and start getting the fluids and seals swapped out. I want to get all the misc little leaks all cleaned up and have this engine bay looking just as spotless as the rest of the car.

gt4play

LegacyofDan":1fg0ilq0 said:
psh, i would sell one kidney, one lung and both testicles to own that car.JK of course

What a find, seriously, if you are considering selling this, i would be interested as well, not that i would be able to afford it, but maybe i might lol... i am like shaking in my seat.

just wow...seriously wow. What a find.

i am blown away.

Here's another post I need to show to my wife - just so she knows I'm not alone! Haha! I may have considered offloading a kidney for this thing, but fortunately it went smoother than that.