1992 GT-Four

Brad_91

Hello everyone,
I bought myself a 1992 Celica GT-Four last year in June, and I am using it as a summer car.
I don't have huge plans for it but I'd like to add a few mod's, and just get everything fixed that I need to and I decided to make a project thread just to keep track of it all.
It had brand new paint when I bought it and was completely stock. Since then I have bought a downpipe (which is still in the process of being shipped), and HKS cat-back which I just finished installing after multiple hours of fighting with bolts to take the old one off. I also have mud-flaps and rims that I need to put on to finish with what i have.
After this I plan on dealing with some of the problems which are mostly electrical in order to have everything working right.

I'll post some old pictures of the car when I bought it stock soon!

I'll also have a few questions in the near future about a few things so I hope to discuss with you guys soon!

Brad

Brad_91

Here are two pic's of the car the day I bought it last year!

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0211_2.JPG
I'll add pictures with my exhaust installed and with better angles soon :)

Im looking for info on installing rally armor mud flaps, a.k.a. what to use for brackets. Can you buy brackets or am I going to be making custom ones? The front two fenders have stock flaps but the back has nothing :S.

Also, does anyone have any input on what to do for an intake if i do not want to move the battery? Should I just grab any universal intake and find a way to squeeze it in? I haven't seen very many intakes installed that are just replacing the stock air box so I'm curious.

I'm loving the new cat-back already and I can't wait to hear the car with the down pipe as well!

Brad

jonnyboygt4

if your trying to keep your battery in the front...just get a K&N drop in...apparently the stock airbox flows not too bad...ramming a universal filter in there and not being able to direct cool air to it will probably make it perform worse than stock....as for the dp....if you struggled doing the exhaust...your gonna have fun with the dp....My car is spotless and it took us like 3 mins to remove the exhaust from the car...lol but 4 hours in a shop to do the dp...definately remove your rad...i didnt and we ended up puncturing it and i had to buy a new one...lol...

Im gonna be in the process of making a airbox out of sheet metal for a straight intake setup...i could get the guy to make 2 boxes if your interested....it would be cheap...hes my ex father in law...so it'll be cheap/free so ill ship it to you and you pay for the shipping....

goodluck...and maybe you could get us a sound clip of the hks setup...

Brad_91

Hey,
A K&N drop in sounds like the easy solution.. Does it improve anything much though? I'm hoping to get a bit of power and more sound out of an intake, although to do that I could have to man up and move things around :p If the air box you're having made would be a fairly easy to install I would consider it! It involves moving things around I'm assuming??

My exhaust was definitely a b***h to install and the undercarriage of my car is mint as well.. I couldn't believe how stubborn those damn bolts were! I'm sure I'm going to bring the car in to get the downpipe installed because I don't want to deal with any of those exhaust bolts again lol.

I'll try to post up a nice video of the exhaust if I can this week, as long as my camera can pick up the sound properly! I can't wait for the downpipe too though :)

Brad

Corey

I've installed the K&N panel filter. It was pricey and I'm not entirely sure if I noticed a difference. It's tough to tell with that kind of thing.

But I later removed the plastic intake pipe which sits behind the headlight and guides air to the airbox.

That definately helped with induction noise :)

Brad_91

Sweet I think I'm gonna try doing that this summer. dropping in a K&N is easier than moving the battery around :p.
I sent my rims in today to get powder coated white. My downpipe is also in so I can have that put on anytime!
It is slowly coming together :D

Brad

jonnyboygt4

im sure the K&N flows better than a paper drop in...but i didnt really notice any power gains or mpg....but on the bright side you'll never have to buy another filter...I dont think i would remove the induction pipes either...i would think that it would remove the fresh air that the filter gets and end up givning you hot air form under the hood....the box that im gonna get made is going to work with the factory induction hose but it will allow me to run a cone air filter....it'll sit where the battery is...so you would have to relocate...but its super easy to do a relocate....just get the 0 gauge wiring and run it to the rear through the firewall....took me like 2 hours to do with the front and rear seats removed...which also only takes minutes to take out...

total cost for my battery relocate was like 100 bucks with all the wiring and new battery clamps with battery box....I got the wiring on ebay for like 70 bucks and the rest at Canadian tire....

Brad_91

I plan on eventually putting in good air intake and possibly moving the battery too, but for the next little while I want to make sure everything is working properly.. My tach doesn't work at all and the speedometer is only "half working". I have to replace some CV boots, and the list goes on haha. So I'm hoping to concentrate my money in this stuff for now, but once its all done I will get the air intake done!
Will you be posting up what you've done in a project thread? I could go see what you have done to install it just for future reference :)

Brad

Brad_91

Got some stuff done today! Put the first two mudflaps on the front where there were already holes and proper screws. Soon I will be adding the back two but I have to custom fit them and drill my own holes in the fenders so I want to do it right! Here's a picture of the front:
IMG_0398.JPG

I also waxed the whole car, so I have a few pics. I will just need to resize them sometime to get them attached in the thread.
I'll post some soon!

Downpipe is coming tomorrow :)

Brad_91

A few updates.. I have put all four mudflaps on now, and I am going to be putting my rims on and a turbo timer this week! After that I will be going in next week to have my downpipe installed and purchase a boost controller. I'm still sort of trying to figure out how to post pictures haha. Either I have them resized to fit but they look extremely small, or it says they're too big :/. If anyone has any tips for a noob trying to post pictures feel free to share haha. I'll keep trying though :)

Brad_91

Alright! thanks for that link, it works well. :)
I had tried a few different programs but they didn't want to work for me. Anyways, time for some pictures!

The back two mudflaps are slightly crooked, but I plan on straightening them out if they do not do so themselves in the next little while. Also shows my new HKS hi-power cat-back with the huge tip!
phpFp8bFkAM.jpg

Here is my car just after waxing it last week
phpMXSWuTAM.jpg

This is my car with my girlfriends GT-Four :)
phpQnODgkAM.jpg

Brad_91

Another of the front mud flaps:
phpOntczbAM.jpg

Hopefully the next post will include my new rims, and an installed turbo timer! Possibly a boost controller/gauge as well.
Once the downpipe is on I'll take a video to share the exhaust's sound.

Brad

Brad_91

Some new Pictures! These ones are better quality.
Getting the rims and tires on Friday as well so there will be better pictures next week :)

phpbYkw60PM.jpg

php5jIDrGPM.jpg

phpEMXYjnPM.jpg

jonnyboygt4

Brad_91":2x7fe551 said:
New Rims!!! I'm so happy with them :) Here is a picture:

I cant tell....you missing the center caps? rims look badass man...have fun trying to keep them clean tho...white is a pain in the arse to keep clean....

Brad_91

Ya I'm missing the center caps.. I have them but the kids I bought the rims from had scraped a whole lot of the white off aalmost all of them :S. They look pretty shitty so I'm trying to decide what to do with them. I may just paint them over with white for now and see how it looks! Black was another colour I was going to try. I don't mind the rims without them though, and youre right they are no fun to clean :p. I tried yesterday and the 16 spokes make it quite difficult. It takes just as long to wash them as the whole car! Oh well..

I'll post some nice pictures when I get my hands on a good camera.. Iphone cameras arent the best.

Brad_91

Car is coming out of storage today! I'm very excited :D

This year's list of things to do is slowly building already haha

First thing when i take it out it is getting a mid-pipe put on!

Boo_Guy

Brad_91":b8bzu71w said:
Car is coming out of storage today! I'm very excited :D

This year's list of things to do is slowly building already haha

First thing when i take it out it is getting a mid-pipe put on!

With how mild our winter has been this year Ive had mine out since the start of march, maybe even in February :)

Ive got a whole exhaust to put on mine including the downpipe. Did you buy a midpipe yet? Are you going to get one made up?