Custom head shield/ box for straight turbo intake

celigts

So I'm looking to start getting measurements to make a custom airbox shield to set the filter in from the turbo. Right now mine curves from the strut to the light but I'll be making it straight and making a box to help it direct where I want it to draw air from.

Had the idea to isolate it to suck only from the hood vent or make a whole in the bay to suck from the fender.

Looking for ideas or pictures what you guys have done and if it's beneficial.
I'll be making it to fit the stock battery mounts for easy removal and if it goes well then to build some for others at hopefully very cheap. Since I work at a welding shop I'll take scraps or take some since I'm on night shift and it's slack :)

So ideas , pics, anything guys. Thanks

Oh and the 5 free will need to be in Canada, preferably winnipeg or USA owners can pay the shipping

And I'll keep updated with my progress with it. I'd also be sending out free samples to the first 5 ppl once I get a design going

you could do what i've done and put a 90' bend down into the the guard which is a perfect place for a cold air intake, and gives you more space in the engine bay

IMG_0184.jpg

celigts

That's a great setup. I'd love to do that but I'm trying to help out the alltrac members cuz when do you see these for sale. I'll be doing like the member who's doing the skid plates.

So this weekend hope to get an idea as to how it'll work out to looking and I'll try to have a rough build of it in a week or two.

1 member has claimed a unit. Still 4 for grabs

celigts

Sweet, so got two members now. And I feel it should be fair to make the members claiming one of the first 5 free to pay shipping. Sorry if it's an inconvenience.

I have decided from viewing more closely that keeping the same type of piping route as stock would be better. I'm thinking of using the stock fender area. This week I'll be taking a look under the fender and see if I'll be able to fabricate a custom full fender funnel.

Also thinking instead of steel from work to make the box out of fiberglass to 1 give it a proper shape of to mount and fit better than I'd ever be able to do with steel.

You guys can add any ideas on this build cuz Id really like to make this from alltrac owners. Sadly it will only be compatible with the LHD 5th gen models since it is the only vehicle I have to work with.

So guys just let me know your thoughts and if I do end up going straight and making this into a mod/bolt on thing then so be it. You'll just need to cut the car up a bit haha. If I have the funds I'd really like to try and see if it shows a difference on the dyno. Don't think this will be done soon but this will be a side project to my current restoration to the cars mechanical issues like bushings and other things.

celigts

K so update. It's been busy. Have some half ass idea of the setup.

Also got some 16g aluminum for the setup so it's going somewhere. Just very slow! But it's going somewhere.

Plans to have a pipe welded to the side I'll choose most feasible and have the maf bolt straight to the box with a 2.5" pipe and you buy or do the rest.

Caconman424

Ill take one too if it comes with new battery mounts for relocating it

Is there anyway to set it up also for like a recirculating diverter valve? Something like this?

gt4rcdude":36rvpvji said:

celigts

K so took some pics of what I have so far. Hard to get nice pics when it's half done lol but I took some.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325117319.563431.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325117319.563431.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 3,652

celigts

Thanks for the interest.

If I can't find the time between me and my friend I'll try and have the pieces cut out of aluminum this weekend and have it welded next week at work. BUT like things go its winter and I'm not in a rush nor motivated from the cold !

celigts

Update boys

Still in the works but took some time to cut out the pieces I had marked up.
Fits O.K but still lots to figure out. Like how I'll make the wires fit without having to move them and things ill keep you all posted with. And I know it's not a big step but still a step ahead haha.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326524960.558182.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326524960.558182.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 3,502
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326525000.340229.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326525000.340229.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 3,502
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326525046.065327.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326525046.065327.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 3,502

celigts

Yes the deal is still up for sure. Now why would I say one thing as awesome as that and then kill it. That would be a dick move for the ones I've already promised one.

Its nice to see my little efforts be appreciated by the community.

Boo_Guy

Are you going to be using the holes that the stock intake used out of the engine bay at the fender? I had planned on doing that myself. Id like to sign up for one of these if I could :)

celigts

I would to mod this all to work with the stock setup. Just been trying to get the car up to par but I should really start working on this again since my
Last update lol!

Maybe since I have some fair interest I should try and hurry this up a little. Especially since its summer now.

I did try an shape the side to fit the area better but this will be for relocated battery setups tho. Cuz right now that is what I have. Sorry it's that an inconvenience.

celigts

Maybe we should start a list as to who gets the free parts and shipped anywhere in Canada at my cost. Even tho it'll sadly take sometime to finish this but it will happen. I want it to fit with little to no modding. Might need to bend a bracket or 2 to make it fit flat... But it'll happen lol. Slow going project!!