custom rear lip yay or nay??

• yay!!!

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • nay!!!

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters

GT4times2

celicast184":24i8sl8u said:
allensalltrac- i used self tapping screws on the underside of the 6th gen skirts. also, bolted down the ends of them to the fender wells.
gt4times- the caldina motor by far is probably the best setup ive ever driven. its nothing but upgrades from other gen 3sgtes. its reliable/new/powerful all rolled into one. i am still running the auto ecu in it as im not looking to make 500 600 hp but will be satisfied with roughly 300 whp for now ;)

Good to hear. You're not having any issues with the auto ecu? Did you wire it yourself?

no issues with the auto ecu at all. i've been told that the manual ecu has a better tune compared to the auto, but has never had an issue with it. yes, the wiring was done me.

CMS-GT4

I am kind of curious how hard it would be to setup the paddle shifters from the autoeco and gearbox on a 185.

not hard im guessing. the auto ecu incorporates the trans ecu within the engine ecu itself. its jus the matter of using the autogear box and wiring.

tubasteve

No, going 2.2. I'm currently waiting on my smog motor to be bored and get the pitons.[perks of owning a shop]
I'm going 4th gen on my thrid trac when I get it(white)

How is the paint quality upclose? And how many cans it take?

I painted my fender due to the mad amounts of clear lifting, buffed too far through the clear ultimatly went through the paint.

Picked up toyota 202 in a can, came out really clean even for "in a can"

the gen4 I HAD was so bare not even funny. Ill explain more at big bear.

Ttyl
-jr

tkhaab_94

LOL "I love hmong girls" sticker.
your car went through a major transformation. Got any current pictures of how the rear looks like with the lip?

MWP

celicast184":37ztackx said:
btw, im running 215/40/17 in the front and 235/40/17 in the rear.

:shoots:

You cannot run tyres with a different rolling radius front to back!
Youll force the VC to always slip, and it will overheat & fail.

found these 3000gt vr4 four piston calipers at the yard for $20 a caliper.  good thing is that they bolt up to stock celica caliper bracket.  the hole must be enlarged to do so.  i tested them being mounted and the braket pushes out the caliper so far out that it will not clear 17in wheels.  so i chopped off a portion of the bracket and redrilled and tapped new holes into it to mount the calipers. 
83d47293.jpg

9448bb36.jpg

d960c26f.jpg

ce80a13b.jpg

c85d6958.jpg

eed12052.jpg

fb02d1cf.jpg

3b793d04.jpg

cb99b9c6.jpg

32c6de8e.jpg