Paint match problems

Jgtcracer

Im having real problems matching my car colour with what can be bought in the shops. I have a UK Spec St185 gt4 paint code 3e5 super red. The colour seems to be much brighter whereas my car is darker. I have spent much time polishing and using t-cut to ensure the base colour is correct before applying the paint but it just doesnt match. Any ideas guys??

ps, I will upload a picture is someone can explain how to do it, :)

Jgtcracer

20120409064711.jpg

celi_wabbit

Jgtcracer":155s1894 said:
Im having real problems matching my car colour with what can be bought in the shops. I have a UK Spec St185 gt4 paint code 3e5 super red. The colour seems to be much brighter whereas my car is darker. I have spent much time polishing and using t-cut to ensure the base colour is correct before applying the paint but it just doesnt match. Any ideas guys??

ps, I will upload a picture is someone can explain how to do it, :)

Here as link you can order from... 3e5 paint code touch up.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choose ... paint.aspx

2of81

Your old paint has aged into a different color, I think 3M has a gun that goes over your old paint and makes a formula to match, or a really good paint mixer can match the old pannel to new paint, which is hard to do.

Il_Barone

The old paint (especially red), il all cars, with each passing year it becomes less shiny.
You will notice the difference between an new painted part (for example a door or a bumper) with the rest of the car only with your eyes :wink:

You could use a tintometer, i guess