Fuel rail. Easy or hard to install

celigts

Got the fuel rail and injector setup totally cleaned. Looks like its from a showroom !

Bgb seems to make it look very easy but I need to hear it from you guys. Do I need to remove the intake manifold to remove the rail and injectors?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334640155.643734.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334640155.643734.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2,316

AvivB

You don't need to remove the intake manifold but you'll need to do:
1. Remove the throttle body (even without disconnecting the 3 pipes going into it).
2. Disconnect the fuel line (from rail) and the return line (from rail).
3. Disconnect the vacuum line going to the fuel pressure regulator.
4. Disconnect the cold-start injector fuel line (from rail).
5. Disconnect all 4 injectors plugs.

As much as I remember that all...
After that, open the 3 bolts that holds the rail and you ready to go.

ps. replace all the rubber seals while you have it open... 4 between the injector to the rail and 4 between the injector to the engine.

4rsnduction

AvivB":58io8rq9 said:
ps. replace all the rubber seals while you have it open... 4 between the injector to the rail and 4 between the injector to the engine.

+1 to that comment, any rubber bits, replace them, crush washers aswell

celigts

K well from what I know they replaced the inside the rail rubber rings for me and the copper washers on the banjo bolts. They replaced the line between the regulator as well. Seriously it's like bran new haha.

Can I get the missing outer bottom seal you see in the pic at any parts source?

I'll get the new seal if I can find one haha and attempt this. Pretty straight forward like you are saying. Just remove the things in the way.

Should I remove the fuel line or break pressure at the filter or at the rail?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334656924.382213.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334656924.382213.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,294

AvivB

Shouldn't be a problem to get it in any online Toyota parts store.
I even have the part number at home as I've ordered for myself not long ago from 1stToyotaParts.com
(Let me know if you need the part number and I'll find it when I'll be at home).

But if they put 3 new ones one the rail so probably they aslo put the 4th one... Check the package it arrived in... It's probably there...

Open the fuel line from wherever is easy to access...
The pressure in the pipe/rail should fade after about an hour that the engine is of and since you'll probably do it on cold engine then you don't have a problem.
A bit of fuel will spill but don't worry.
Just make sure that there are no leaks when you finish to assbmle it.

celigts

Woop. Swapped the rail and it went well. Definitely didn't think I could do it but I did :)

Thanks for the replies and saving me the stress of wondering if it was possible or not.

Just went to Toyota dealership and ordered it. Cost me $2.50 so wasn't to bad and it was close by so that was good.