Spam!

RedCelicaTRD

As most of you have noticed there has been a recent influx of spammers on our board. If you spot a spam post please PM myself or another moderator and we will remove it ASAP.

Thanks!

___Scott___

I mod a low traffic forum and I've noticed that the faster a spam post gets deleted, the less likely they are to come back to post more spam. So cheers for getting everyone involved to report spam.

robusk

id barnyfun spam topic on the home page today about ripping dvd s i hope we can filter out these ppl and they all can take off eh lol

darthripley

^ Deleted post above you.

Please remember everyone the Mods here including myself can only delete Spam posts or delete the threads Spammers start - we can't delete the user account itself so we can just help to keep the forum as clean as possible.

darthripley

Mods used to not be able to do any banning but now I am seeing something by the username so I will see if I can do anything other than deleting posts the next time another spammer comes around.

Typically they want to hit the forum with a few posts & then leave. Maybe a bot does it? :shrug:

underscore

likely some kind of bot, or a person sets up several accounts and sets them to spread out the posts a bit. I've noticed on a local car forum that spam tends to come in waves, usually on similar topics.

toayoztan

Keri, you should be able to ban. I've been doing that with the spammers (or so I thought i was doing something lol).

If you click on the user's profile, then right next to their name, you'll see [banning], click that, then just click "submit." For spammers/bots, I don't give any reason.

Bryan

darthripley

Thanks Bryan. I saw that last nite & wasn't sure if that actually worked for us or not.
I'll be sure to use it with the spammers/bots next time around.