RC vs. USDM

celi_wabbit

First, I have an RC transmission and I just bought an Exedy clutch kit. I was wondering if there is any difference on the shaft size between the RC and USDM trans where the release bearing slides into that anyone here knows? Reason being that my clutch kit fits perfectly, off course, but my release bearing seems to be really tight and I had to muscle it in just to install it to the shaft. My stock one seems to have no issue at all and slides smoothly like butter (of course w/o play).

Corey

They are all the same according to part numbers:

31230-20190 (I checked it's the same for 185, 185RC and 205)

celi_wabbit

Corey Darling":18lhaxln said:
They are all the same according to part numbers:

31230-20190 (I checked it's the same for 185, 185RC and 205)

Thanks! But is this the right part for the Exedy clutch kit? ( 16803A ) Stage 1 for our trans?

Tecker185

I would go with an OEM one, I put an exedy stage 1 in my car and I have 5k on the clutch. The bearing makes noise the whole time my foot is on the clutch.

celi_wabbit

Tecker184":1hvpyq59 said:
I would go with an OEM one, I put an exedy stage 1 in my car and I have 5k on the clutch. The bearing makes noise the whole time my foot is on the clutch.

I would like that? but it's too late now, I already bought it. But I decided to just install the kit and use the OEM bearings.