• yay!!!

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • nay!!!

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters

awolo

MWP":cgai7l6q said:
celicast184":cgai7l6q said:
btw, im running 215/40/17 in the front and 235/40/17 in the rear.

:shoots:

You cannot run tyres with a different rolling radius front to back!
Youll force the VC to always slip, and it will overheat & fail.

The tires are wider, not taller.

215/40/17 and 235/40/17

And if he was FWD, why even stagger the wheels???

CMS-GT4

The 40 profile does not mean the tires are the same height. The profile is a ratio compared to the width. A 215/40 tire is shorter than a 235/40.

phattyduck

awolo":3kauca60 said:
MWP":3kauca60 said:
celicast184":3kauca60 said:
btw, im running 215/40/17 in the front and 235/40/17 in the rear.

:shoots:

You cannot run tyres with a different rolling radius front to back!
Youll force the VC to always slip, and it will overheat & fail.

The tires are wider, not taller.

215/40/17 and 235/40/17

And if he was FWD, why even stagger the wheels???
They are a different rolling diameter:

215/40/17 = 23.8" diameter
235/40/17 = 24.4" diameter

The second number is the ratio of the width to the sidewall height, not the sidewall height directly.

Staggered wheels on a FWD car is either for handling (if front is wider, road racing, etc) or looks (rear wider, for that RWD look).

-Charlie

yup, its staggered for looks.. nothing else. i have another set of wheels inline for it for track only events so these are mainly for everyday driving and to fill that fender gap in the rear.

thanks steve, im jus trying to keep it clean as can be now... im pretty much finished with the car. i want to get coilovers for it but dont see the point of it as its gonna be my dd. but suspension is next if anything...

MWP

celicast184":1trzfwq6 said:
yup, its staggered for looks.. nothing else. i have another set of wheels inline for it for track only events so these are mainly for everyday driving and to fill that fender gap in the rear.

It doesnt matter if you run staggered anyway since youre FWD and have no VC.
Its a good thing really, wish we could do it easier on AllTrac's :(

CMS-GT4

You have any idea how you might be shipping the lips that you make? I am still on the fence with what I am going to do.

celigts

How much are you going to be sellin the lips for? Haven't been following step by step :/

Turned out really nice! Also what side skirts do you have?

ive been really busy looking careers and had not have the time to start the mold... also, i have waiting for the weather to heat up so fiberglass will cure super fast.

celigts- sideskirts are from 6th gen celica... they are customized to fit the body.

celigts

What have you done to mod the skirts to fit? I really like how youve made it all flow well. Like from the pics the lips and skirts are at equal heights.

the rear section of the skirt had to be trimmed around the door area to clear it. then the gap between the trimmed area needed to be filled with plastic bumper repair. the rest of the skirt was heated and bent to shape to the body of the celica. l'll probably do a write up on how to customize these to fit.

celigts

Sounds like it took some time! Might have to try this myself cuz it seems to fit well. Did you use double sided tape to keep it on or how did you mount it?