Factory Security

crazyceli25

I have a 1992 Alltrac. Sometimes when I open any of the doors, a chime will sound on and off and the lights will
flash on and off. I found a little box that says, Toyota Security System on it, under the drivers seat. Is there a way
to bypass it so the lights don't keep flashing? Sometimes the car won't start untill the key is cycled. Also, the radio
displays SEC I don't know if that's related or not.
Sean

lele73

my ST165 has the same thing. At first i was like WTF is that that looked like 1" dry wall screwed through the floor :( a red LED is constantly on. I have trouble starting the car almost every day. average 10 turns of the key. possible bad starter but no flashy lights. its useless.

underscore

The radio would be from the battery being disconnected and the security code not re-entered, it should be seperate from the alarm system.

Synchrite

Reviving an old thread here, but you could completely uninstall the factory security... it's not too difficult. Might be easier to fix it though.

rscott76

I also uninstalled mine. the process was very quick. i cut the wires going to the ignition and just unplugged the harness from the junction box. once you remove the security harness, the wire harness that was plugged into the security harness plugs right into the junction box. The security system is pretty much T'ed in at that point.

the factory security system just didnt make a lot of sense to me. it would go off when it shouldnt have been going off (like when trying to start the car. steering wheel would stay locked in the retracted position. i think it was much easier to pull it out than try to fix it.