High NOx

crazyceli25

I have a 1992 gt4 with 115k on it. I recently took an emissions test and passed on everything but my NOx
were too high. I was wondering, if someone here knows how this egr system works? The valve does hold a vacuum
but the control valve is allowing a vacuum when not being supplied power and closing when it gets power
Just didn't know if that's how it is supposed to be.
I tried searching with no results.
Any help will be appreciated.
Sean

tubasteve

Also, the egr should be getting "ported" vacuum off the throttle body.

With the car running at idle apply 5 inches of vacuum and car should misfire horribly or die. Apply slow and evenly so that you don't flood the engine with egr giving you a false test. Also the buddy next to it (transducer) usually f fails also causing egr systems to fail functionality.

Very well versed in this.

-jr

crazyceli25

I gave that first test a shot. I only got to like 3 inches before it ran like crap
At 5 inches it didn't die but ran horribly
Sean

tubasteve

Good, get another transducer, 9 times out of ten is the problem if the flow is good.also taking the timing back a little from ten.

Where on earth are you having a awd tested for Nox? If it's not on a dyno might be hard to lower nox.

-jr

Goto wrecking yard and pick up Camry or other ones that look same. If not I'll type up the test when i get home.

crazyceli25

I live in CO
the testing stations here have AWD dynos
I'll go to the junkyard to find that
Thanks for the help
Sean

crazyceli25

HC: 0.5838 GPM Limit 1.5000 GPM
CO: 8.6759 GPM Limit 15.000 GPM
CO2 measured 410.9560 GPM
NOx 5.2602 GPM Limit 3.5000 GPM
Sean