Walbro 400lph

toayoztan

Anyone have opinions on these? Personally, I like intank pump, quieter, and the 400 seems nice considering I wanted a little more than just the single 255lph (was going to go dual 255lph).

What do you guys think? I plan to run e85 now too...damn, will need bigger injectors.

Bryn

Mafix

i've asked my sponsors about this. they don't seem to like them. that's all i know. i really didn't push the subject.

Boo_Guy

Their pumps seem to be getting a rep for dying a lot. Maybe its from how popular they are but I seem to see that often in my online travels, besides that they are noisy.

I dont know the specifics of your car but do you really need a 400lph pump?

The supra tt pump does 260lph(43psi) @ 12v and 290lph(43psi) @ 14v, good for about 650hp at 12v and 775hp at 14v.
And its quiet, and a toyota part, and no mods needed, unless you send more power to it.

The above was taken from the fuel mod page on this site; http://www.alltrac.net/tuning/fuelfaq.html

Theres also a really good article here, it was written for dodge stealth guys but the numbers and flow charts are interesting http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuelpumpguide.htm
The write ups conclusion on the Supra TT pump;

"The Denso fuel pump 195130-1020 (the Supra Turbo MKIV pump) is one of the best in-tank upgrade choices if you are using injectors up to 550 cc/min and are providing at least 13 volts to the pump. When 18 volts are supplied, the Supra pump is good for injectors up to 880 cc/min. At 13.5 supplied volts no other in-tank pump, except for the R33 Skyline GT-R and A'PEXi BNR32 fuel pumps, flows significantly more fuel up to 70 psi line pressure or 27 psi boost. It is a direct drop-in replacement; all other non-Denso choices require some modification to the fuel pump assembly. It is as quiet as the stock pump. Best of all, it can cost only $180 at Conicelli Toyota. One disadvantage of the Supra pump is its relatively heavy current draw (at 13.5 V, 16A @ 43 psi, 19A @ 70 psi) and large decrease in flow as supplied voltage lowers. Good, heavy-gauge wiring (meaning re-wiring the fuel pump electrical circuit) is a requirement to get the most out of this pump."

:D

underscore

I wouldn't ever use a Walbro because of the number of fakes floating around. Granted the 255 is the most common, and thus the most faked, but my plan is to use an Aeromotive 320 when my pump dies (for now anyways). Seeing as the 320 would be halfway between a 255 and a 400, maybe that would be a good fit for your needs?

BNZ

Is the Supra pump E85 compatible ? Better yet,for starters is the standard Celica (St165) pump E85 ready ?

toayoztan

Well I did consider the supra tt pump, but I'm going to want to push e85, which requires rougly 30% more fuel overall.

I was going to run dual 255lph walbro's, but was told about the 400.

I haven't looked into aeromotive yet.

I honestly haven't really paid much attention to my fuel set up yet, as it's kind of one of the last things to be put onto the car. So trying to get some good ideas.

I "plan" on 500+awhp, ~30psi give or take, e85, and of course all the mods you can think of.

Bryan

Mafix

IMHO i'd go dual walbro.
supra/denso pumps draw way too much current. and 18v? i don't even want to know.
people that complain about fuel pump noise are not after power. cars that make power make noise. end of story. (expecially in our platforms)

toayoztan

^I agree.

I think for now, I'll still with dual walbro. It's proven to work, and I've never had issues with Walbro. Noise doesn't bother me either.

Bryan

tw2

I bought my 255 from ats, I was confident they sold genuine ones even if they are all of $10-20 more expensive than ebay. If you want something serious talk to wolfkatz, otherwise aeromotive have some great gear.

celigts

What kind of modding is need for the dual walbro setup?

It's a ate to have them if I'm not looking to go big correct?