st 185 ecu upgrade to stealth

s1i1mo

hi ive recently purchased a stealth ecu for my st185! apparently they are modified st205 ecu,s however when connected it all lights up turns over and hear the pump but will not fire am i missing something? any help appreciated! simo

underscore

I'm pretty sure a 205 ECU can't run a 185 or 165, you'd have to convert to the 205 sensors and wiring.

CMS-GT4

Yeah, if this is normal 185 setup you have a lot more than just hook up the ecu. Do you have a link that verifies a stealth ecu is a 205 ecu? And by stealth, do you mean dodge stealth?
For the 205 ecu to even work, you need to repin the harness at the ecu. Depending on your year and model, you will need to look up ecu pin outs, then move around the proper pins. Next, you need to convert to MAP sensor. and there is more to do in the engine bay. You will have to do a search for the thread here on the conversion for the ecu.

Good luck.

s1i1mo

the guy i got of had it all up and running on his st185 with no wiring changes as far as he was aware! but he wasn,t 100% as some 1 fitted it for him!

s1i1mo

CMS-GT4":26shqjdd said:
Yeah, if this is normal 185 setup you have a lot more than just hook up the ecu. Do you have a link that verifies a stealth ecu is a 205 ecu? And by stealth, do you mean dodge stealth?
For the 205 ecu to even work, you need to repin the harness at the ecu. Depending on your year and model, you will need to look up ecu pin outs, then move around the proper pins. Next, you need to convert to MAP sensor. and there is more to do in the engine bay. You will have to do a search for the thread here on the conversion for the ecu.

Good luck.
are the pin outs on a 1992 gt-four different to a 1990 gt-four the only other difference in the cars was mine got sunroof his didn't!

CMS-GT4

Yes, the pins are different from the 90-91 models, and the 92-93 models. At least in the US. I know in Japan, the 185 started in 89, so I am not sure what years are different. Also remember there are small differences in RC model vs standard model wiring as well.

Its best to find the wiring for your specific year then compare it to the 205 model wiring. All that info is shared online and in this forum. You will need to search for the 205 ecu conversion thread. I converted a whole 205 engine, so my thread is a little different, but with a map sensor and other goodies you can run a 185 engine on a 205 ecu.

gt4ferko

sorry to bring up an old thread, but i found that i have a "stealth" chipped ECU and im trying to find out info on it... anybody know a site they might have or some place i can find info on it?

thanks!