Project CMS

CMS-GT4

So that plug under the fender is likely for corner lights like you said. Turns out my damn washer motor was never broken. Since it has been several years since I used the window washers, I forgot how. I tried to use them like my nissan and honda work. Turns out there is a damn button on the end of the lever. Not what I remember, but it works. So one more thing to cross of the list.

I am still working on the emblem design to bring down the cost. I designed a new ring, but I think I can still shave off some money from the design.

CMS-GT4

I messed with the lip design some, and I am making progress on my new 165 drawing.

165process.jpg

This is how I will most likely mount the lip. I just need to trim the over hang by the fender, which I removed in PS. It lowers the sides about 2". I am trying to decide now to paint it the color of the car or just as a black lip, which will be easier to maintain. After doing a few other photos to compare, I am leaning towards black.
lippaintvsblk.jpg

toayoztan

Right where the end of the lip meets the fender well...it may be the angle, but it seems to sharply just cut off the natural circular curvature/arc of the fender well. Would it look better to smoothen it out around there?

Bryan

CMS-GT4

That is the one issue I have with mounting it this way. If it was to wrap around the bumper then it would meet the wheel arch at a higher spot. Mounted this way, it actually lies at the bottom of the car, where the fender starts to curve under. To make it work higher, I would have to create sides in fiberglass or some other material so that it could mount. Its possibly, but would take a lot longer. If I do it the way in the picture, I will have to leave extra material to shape the cap to look better with the car. Straight down does not look right. The way the 205 front splitters are looks much better.

CMS-GT4

The 165 design is mostly done. I may do a few tweaks to it.
28ed13feb1a711e1a92a1231381b6f02_7.jpg

If you had not noticed, I also bought gtfour77's old BBK. I am going to be installing that on my 5x114 conversion. I have started practicing with my plastic welder on under plastic. I am going to start messing with my extension idea for my fender liners. I have listed my 205 calipers on a few sites, but if no bites in the next couple weeks I will post them on ebay.

celicat93

CMS-GT4":dljibtwc said:
I have also been looking into a HUD. There are a lot that connect to speed sensors etc.. but I found one that uses GPS data. With my steering wheel and gauge setup, I have a hard time seeing my speedo, and I have to do math when driving due to my tire sizes. This would allow me to see my speed better and give me an accurate reading. Its still cheaper then going with the s2000 cluster and the ratio speed converter.
I want to find more reviews on these.
http://www.amazon.com/Head-Up-Display-S ... 718&sr=1-1

Pretty cool, do you have a smartphone? I have an app that will do the same thing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wMiwiY29tLmNvZGVzZWN0b3Iuc3BlZWR2aWV3LnBybyJd

This one looks even better...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...iY29tLmJpbmFyeXRveXMuc3BlZWRvbWV0ZXJwcm8iXQ..

CMS-GT4

I have an iPhone, but I am not sure what I am going to do. The wife says I might as well get a full GPS if I am to spend that much. A full GPS is not as good as this as far as a speedo goes, but it does have some other benefits. I just don't know where I would put a regular gps.

I did another PS with the wheels on and the hood down to see if I still like the idea of painting the lip black.
camarolipblack.jpg

I spent a few hours yesterday and today plastic welding my fender liners. It was not as straight forward as I hoped. I had to trim and adjust the extra liners with trial and error till I got the curves I wanted to fit in the lip of the fender just right. I bracked it all and used tacks to hold things in the right place with zip ties so I could weld areas and get them to hold. I took it for a hard test drive today and no more rub on the fender liners on hard turns. This should hopefully be a permanent solution. I think I may have gained an inch or so of extra clearance than I had before with my previous solution. My ultimate test will be at the autox to see how it holds up. While I was out, I figured I might as well get some pics of the car since I had not gotten many good ones lately.

p1050863v.jpg

p1050850fc.jpg

p1050848a.jpg

p1050860d.jpg

toayoztan

Since you won't have sideskirts or rear lip to help match the "drop" in the front with the chin spoiler, I like the lip black, but that's my personal preference!

Bryan

CMS-GT4

I am leaning towards black too. I put the lip to the side why I work on the priority projects. These are the things I need done so I can sell the Z. That would be AC and brakes. My brakes will be here likely next week, and I have my camry, rav4 and 185 spindles out ready to sort fitment when it comes in.
So while I wait on that I am focusing on AC.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28366

CMS-GT4

So my magnetic clutch does not engage on its own. I am thinking maybe its too full and the pressure switch is preventing it from turning off. I assume that is why the relay clicks but it turns off. I need to get the pressure tested, then I can know what my next steps would be.

CMS-GT4

So I have cut both lips to fit towards the center. I need to clean up my cuts a little, then glue these together. Then I need to cut the ends towards the wheel well and glue on new caps.

photofqu.jpg

toayoztan

Looking good. Are you going to be able to heat up the lip or somehow shape it to the concave area where the front bumper meets the fender?

Bryan

CMS-GT4

I will use double sided tape there. It does not require a lot of force to make it fit that way, so I will just tape it to fill the gaps.

CMS-GT4

Thanks. No RC fogs since I bought all the stuff new and I had the part numbers for the standard version. Maybe fogs someday, but I am more interested in upgrading the stock popups first.

underscore

Oh cool, I never knew about those. I might move my fog/running lights inwards like that, they look a bit obnoxious the way they are.

I'm interested to see what you come up with for this brake ducting (if you end up making something).