ive always wanted one

donnyavery

well i thought i would start a never ending build thread. well i do body work for a living (i specialize in fiberglass) and i do performance mods out of my little one bay shop as a hobby i have a wife and 2 kids so the car is being built slowly very slowly :lol: ive drag raced in a street legal class with a 1gen mr2 with a custom 4agte set up and then a ae86 with a hi com(14.5:1) 4age for about 4 years and sold them so i can build this i have always wanted an alltrac
ok on to the car i bought it totaled but after a year its drivable the frame rails were bent the rad support had to be changed along with head lights and ect every thing was boofed to the point that the crash bar and rad was against the motor the body work is not 100% yet (i do body work all day i hate coming home and doing it any more)
some of the mods to this point done by me excepted machine work
.030 cometic hg
.006 shaved off the head almost nothing
arp head studs
garrett 60-1 turbo (t3t4 t40b)
3inch dp
3inch exhaust
turbosmart dual port bov
turbosmart eboost2 set for 16psi
ebay knock off 38mm wastgate with turbosmart springs and diaphragm
water/meth kit
100 wet shot nitrous kit
custom airbox
oil filter relocation kit
str cast manifold
electric power steering set up
fmic
aem wideband
safc neo
hks fcd
battery been moved to the back
abs as been deleted
and i have probably forgot
and ill keep you up dated on the project if and anyone wants to know more about one of my mods feel free to ask

Attachments

• 06202012.jpg
    06202012.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 3,132
  • 06202012_001.jpg
    06202012_001.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 3,132
  • 06202012_002.jpg
    06202012_002.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 3,132

aus jd 2703

im curious how does the car respond to nitrous?
even better question what happens when you have nos and wi at the same time? wouldnt the water turn to ice in the intake?
cool car but, not the usual stuff.

Spectra1

I too am curious about the nitrous and water injection together because I have both and ill be installing them soon. Im guessing there will be no issue but I guess we will see when the car is getting tuned.

donnyavery

no the nitrous will not freeze the water meth there only together for a split second before burn in the motor (think about it water in your freezer does not turn to a ice instantly right) turbo cars love nitrous in a n/a car it just gives you the ability to burn more fuel this how it makes power but in a turbo car it just about doubles the power at the same shot as a n/a because of the intercooling effect as nitrous is about -127f at the nozzle and then with the water meth its can make even more power yet as the meth brings the octane up so you dont need to retard timing till like a 150shot or higher (with nitrous your suppose to start retarding timing 2degee for at 75shot then 2 for every 50 after that ei125,175,225 ane ect )

donnyavery

oh and it will spool a massive turbo instantly no lag some people have it come on at wot and till they hit a set boost level then it shuts off till the boost drops (mine is set up to spray at full throttle and over 3200rpm to redline this it the safest point)

underscore

aus jd 2703":30gc720z said:
im curious how does the car respond to nitrous?
even better question what happens when you have nos and wi at the same time? wouldnt the water turn to ice in the intake?
cool car but, not the usual stuff.

it's not straight water, the methanol + hot intake air should keep it from freezing too easily.

Sifu

Interesting heat shield and auto background. I'm slowly restoring my AW11 (I have 2) so I'm sure to have body questions later.

donnyavery

Sifu":ln3xfxf1 said:
Interesting heat shield and auto background. I'm slowly restoring my AW11 (I have 2) so I'm sure to have body questions later.
the heat shield was something i just throw together trying to get the engine bay temps down im having a big problem with the temps and starting when hot right now (thats why im not at the track tonight :pissed: ) and if you got any body work questions just hit me up im always willing to help if i can

donnyavery

well bad news i found the bug i could not figure out and its the hg never sealed( i can see oil coming out at the back of the motor between the head and block in center were the oil returns are in our motors are) only has 50 miles on it and now the head has to come back apart sometimes i hate this car :bangshead:

donnyavery

grate i used the stock toyota security switch to turn it off and on when your sitting still you can turn the wheel with one finger the only thing is at like 45mph you have to turn it off because its starts getting twitchy (you move the wheel a little and it want to turn a lot) i think the autox guys would love this mod as the steering react so fast,and im working on a controller to cut voltage to the pump at certain speeds using the speedo signal

donnyavery

will sense i have the head back out of the car right now i thought i would take a pic of my ps pump sense it's easy to see with the head off

Attachments

• 06242012.jpg
    06242012.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,989

donnyavery

a few pics of the the head off i think im going to change a few things with the wastgate again why i have it off and a pic of the top of the the piston water meth keeps every thing so clean i love it

Attachments

• 06242012_002.jpg
    06242012_002.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,161
  • 06242012_001.jpg
    06242012_001.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,161

mtbmr2

Hi Donny-
1. Nice Alltrac Project, keep at it!

2. I'm planning an EPS install into an AW11 MR2 Autocross Racecar (http://www.pbase.com/mtb_zack/dpmr2&page=all). sifu linked me here. Currently My plan is to follow: http://driveev.com/jeepev/convpgs/psteer.php Plus add a quicksteer and a tiny go-kart steering wheel, so that it's reaaally easy to turn the wheel.

It looks like you've used the SW20 MR2 PS Pump, with no VSS (variable speed sensing)? Can you give me some more info on your EPS set-up?

donnyavery

mtbmr2":2tenoome said:
2. I'm planning an EPS install into an AW11 MR2 Autocross Racecar (http://www.pbase.com/mtb_zack/dpmr2&page=all). sifu linked me here. Currently My plan is to follow: http://driveev.com/jeepev/convpgs/psteer.php Plus add a quicksteer and a tiny go-kart steering wheel, so that it's reaaally easy to turn the wheel.
what rack are you planning on using and you want a bigger wheel not smaller. smaller= more turns lock to lock and bigger would be less turns lock to lock ie turn a bigger wheel you'll turn less to get the same amount of turning angle then a small wheel and give you more leverage making it seem easier to turn
mtbmr2":2tenoome said:
It looks like you've used the SW20 MR2 PS Pump, with no VSS (variable speed sensing)? Can you give me some more info on your EPS set-up?
yeas i did use one out of a sw20 i just ran the pos wire straight to the pos of battery then the ground to pin 30 on a 5 pin relay then grounded pin 87 and 85, then 86 gos to the modded toyota security switch (you can us what switch you want) then to a 20 amp fuze then to a 12v+ from the key if i get time ill make a diagram the hardest thing was the hose, i use a 3/8 (i think its been awhile) hydraulic hose but i had to make my adapters as i could not get them locally

mtbmr2

More background: I already have a Quaife manual Quicksteer in the car and rarely do we turn the wheel beyond 120 degrees (http://www.youtube.com/mtbmr2)
donnyavery":3irzs1zn said:
what rack are you planning on using and you want a bigger wheel not smaller. smaller= more turns lock to lock and bigger would be less turns lock to lock ie turn a bigger wheel you'll turn less to get the same amount of turning angle then a small wheel and give you more leverage making it seem easier to turn
I'm going to use an AE86 rack because it bolts right up. Also, I'm going to use a small-body steering quickener (http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Small-Bod ... ,2030.html), a 255mm kart steering wheel/quick release, and straight 3/4" steering shaft.

This guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI_bV4lt ... re=g-all-u) has a similar set-up in his AE86, but he's using a different ePS pump. Other than tell me what parts he used, he hasn't told me HOW he did it (we are competitors, so somethings I gotta figure out for myself)

Otherwise, X degrees of a turn at the steering wheel is always X degrees, regardless of the steering wheel size, it's all about the effort required to make that turn and how far the wheels turn for that effort, right?

donnyavery":3irzs1zn said:
yeas i did use one out of a sw20 i just ran the pos wire straight to the pos of battery then the ground to pin 30 on a 5 pin relay then grounded pin 87 and 85, then 86 gos to the modded toyota security switch (you can us what switch you want) then to a 20 amp fuze then to a 12v+ from the key if i get time ill make a diagram the hardest thing was the hose, i use a 3/8 (i think its been awhile) hydraulic hose but i had to make my adapters as i could not get them locally

Was it braided/ (6AN) hose? Did you need to make the adapters for the slip-fit on the pump? I wonder if they're removeable.

The circuit diagram is helpful, even if only in paint. Thanks.