Tubasteve - **update** 10-3-2015 -new pictures

tubasteve

Very proud of what I did tonight, I only painted the shock tower forward, but I was more concerned about that cause it missed the most paint.

20120313_191823.jpg

20120313_210609.jpg

tubasteve

Been almost a year since i did this, the light in the picture is same light same spot.....two hours later. Thus is my red cars cs hood.

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

My project this week at the shop.

tubasteve

so my plan was put to a stop quick today about cleaning up my cs hood. when a fellow good friend and shop comes over to me and says, my step dad works for HONEYWELL....i was like and? he says pic anyone you like, and well go from there. little rough cause of how it was shipped, but the prices you WILL not beat for a new/rebuilt.

20120320_174436.jpg

long story short, its a gt3782sn oil only. im looking through the stock but ran out of time. i want a water cooled turbo, but for the price im paying i REALLY cant complain.

-jr

l0ch0w

How are you painting your bay? Gun? Rattle Can? How did you prep it?

Im going to be painting mine next week and am scavenging for ideas :)

tubasteve

update of the week:

block was done, but had one minor issue that is being tended to monday cause my darn brother AND dad couldnt tell me i missed not one but four calls from my machinist:mad::mad::mad: so instead of building the engine this weekend i will be wondering what i will not be doing. needless to say im not happy.

Washed her for the first time in three months, and the first time in a year she has seen sun light :)
20120606_154908.jpg

Aem-4
IMG_20120615_212621.jpg

Tein edfc
20120525_092730.jpg

Edfc motors

20120516_224303.jpg

White line rear vs stock

20120615_175925.jpg

20120615_175936.jpg

Teins sitting lower from old style
20120615_185241.jpg

20120615_183428.jpg

Corey

Looks great :)

When disconnecting/connecting up the rear swaybar, does the suspension need to be compressed?

Which setting are you trying first?

tubasteve

paper work says soft, and i had the struts out, its all mock up first. im about a month out before she moves again under her own power. im doing brakes and a crap load of other things first with the engine out. im hoping to have my smog motor ready next week.

i got 3 sway bars for $150 each and FREE shipping.

tubasteve

I bought three suspensions from them so they discounted the whitelines. One tein setup and two megans. I've seen them as low as $190 though.

CMS-GT4

The car looks like its coming along. How low are you going to have your car? Are you going to compensate for the lower strut top?

CMS-GT4

Ah, interesting they changed that. I plan on doing the opposite if I ever do any major overhauling to my suspension. I would like to raise the height of the strut top mount myself. Then again, if I was to go through that much trouble, I think I would just get a whole new suspension on my car.

tubasteve

CMS-GT4":13sx2580 said:
Ah, interesting they changed that. I plan on doing the opposite if I ever do any major overhauling to my suspension. I would like to raise the height of the strut top mount myself. Then again, if I was to go through that much trouble, I think I would just get a whole new suspension on my car.

thinking i should have gone somewhere else. my black cars Megans are happy, am actually happy with where it sits and adjustments. these tend to feel soft compared to the megans.

anyways setting up my car these next few months, so it might be a while.

-jr