Another Off Set Question

thkohlb

I just got a set of 17x7 rims and was looking at getting a set of 225/35R17's for the tires. The rims are an offset of 40 and i'm wondering if anyone know if that would clear without rubbing? Need to know as soon as possible!!!!

Thanks in advance

Gary

You might get away in the front but "might" rub between tire and strut in the rear.
This is Dan's setup:

Wheels: 5Zigen 5ZR Copse 17x7.5 43mm offset
Tires: Yokohama AVS ES100 225/40/17
1 inch Spacers in rear
The inside of the rear tires rub against the rear struts without the spacers.

With your setup, the clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 9mm MORE
The outside edge of the wheel will RETRACT in towards the body by 3mm.

thkohlb

so they don't rub on the front though? Also know where i can get a set of the 1" spacers? And how much are they?

RIalltrac

I'm running a 17x7 rim with a +35 offset with 225/45 tires using a 20mm spacer in the rear. I do not rub in the rear, I rub only on hard turns in the front, but I believe that to be because of my sidewall height. I could have gone with a 25mm spacer and the rear would have been completely flush.

turbo4wd

thkohlb":19xyqprd said:
so they don't rub on the front though? Also know where i can get a set of the 1" spacers? And how much are they?

Nope, the fronts for me have no rubbing issues whatsoever.. but yeah. Like Gary mentioned.. you "might" have some rubbing issues in the rear.. So just avoid the trouble and get some spacers! :D

It'll help fill those fat fenders in the rear too :smokes: