How did you do your wire tuck?

celigts

So I wanna run as much wire as I can along the firewall and along the fenders to keep them from getting brittle and last longer. Also cleans up the bay a little being able to hide wires so I like to know what steps you took in tucking/hiding certain sections or all your wiring.

Pictures would be nice to give visuals as well.

Thanks guys.

Oh also what wire you used to lengthen certain areas.

tubasteve

underscore":1c9hq0ch said:
My wirings already hidden by all the other stuff in the bay

He is referring to all the vacuum houses are covering the wires lol.

There are allot in the gallery section

cmonteiro1

Reach out to csalltrac on this board. He is meticulous and tucked a good amount of his bay. His build is on here somewhere.

ALLensTRAC

Honestly this is a VERY difficult car to tuck! I am in the scematic drawing phase right now and it is very difficult. Here is why:
1. There are actually 3 harnesses that need to be modified to properly tuck the bay(including moving the fuse blocks). The main block is at the technical "end" of the engine harness. The driverside bay harness runs down the inside fender and connects to the block near the battery. The passenger side smaller fuse block is part of the passenger bay harness and comes through from the fender in the right front corner. There is a small harness the runs from the driverside bay harness to this fuse block under the upper radiator support. To move these two boxes and all their respective wires inside requires modification of all three harnesses.
2. Without a standalone you will have to deal with a lot more mess including AFM, injector resistor,evap,egr,wta(if so equipped),factory fans.
3. Every harness you find is going to be dry cracked and basically worn out. Depinning and repinning 20 year old Toyota connectors is no walk in the park. Also a new harness is no longer available from Toyota (I tried lol)
4. There have only been 2 documented wire tucks completed on this forum. Puffy's and csalltracs. I am modeling my tuck after puffys setup. Take a look at his thread( In Gallery section). He has a lot of helpful beginning advice he posted for someone asking about the tuck. I believe 10chow is doing a tuck on his although he is in the middle of it.

I will post how I did mine once its finished but its going to be awhile. Make sure if you attempt this that you print out all the wiring schematics for the vehicle and study them. When you modify the harness draw out your own diagrams so you know where everything goes. I hope more people do this but it is no Honda thats for sure. Good luck with it!!!
Here is Puffy's thread:http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7248

celigts

Definitely gonna give those user tucks a look. Definitely have the brittle wire covers and stuff. Ill definitely be removing a couple things when I attempt this in awhile.

i tucked most of mine. i had to split my engine bay harness in 2. i separated the engine main harness (engine related items) from the body harness (fuse box). i ran the body harness along the side of the frame rail to the front if the car behind my intercooler. i extended the remaining portion of the body harnes from driver side headlight to the fusebox. i cut a hole in my fire wall right behind the intake manifold and ran all my harnesses thru there.