3" Exhaust Install + Broken Manifold Stud = Less power?

jaydog82

Woot woot. I had one brake on me, I bought a special tool and it removed it. I installed new own studs with red locktight.

jaydog82

As tight as I could get them by hand + the locktight so they should be good. Make sure u get own studs the aftermarket ones are crap.

toayoztan

Well, I read that you don't want to use loctite, and if you do, you want to secure the manifold before it sets (due to the technical way that the stud works).

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I bought OEM studs, but I used the double nut method to get them on there pretty damn tight. Now I'm thinking that isn't the best thing to do.

Bryan

I bought all new studs when I replaced my turbo, I. Just screwed the studs in finger tight and then put the manifold on and tightened the nuts as much as I could. I'm using different nuts than OEM , just went and bought some from local fastener place, they have a serrated back on them to lock them tight

awolo

Disconnected the NEG cable from the battery, waited 20-30 seconds re connected.

Going for a drive now. Will report back.

awolo

Seems to have helped alot.

Curious, should the ECU be reset after all performance adding/changing mods?

jaydog82

Btw you need to do more than remove the neg cable, remove the efi relay from the main fuse box in the engine bay for 10-15min will do the trick