Whats your favourite blow off valve?

tw2

I am looking to get a new BOV. Just made up a new aluminum intercooler pipe. I don't want another HKS. What other brands have you used/recommend?

Tial? Sard?

Knock off/genuine?

Tecker185

Synapse hands down the best BOV out there. They don't make silly sounds or flutter like all the big name BOV's. They do one thing, work flawlessly.

Curry

i like those HKS SSQV knock offs on ebay... LOL... I bought one and it lasted me two years before it crapped out on my WRX. Then i switched back to the stock bypass valve.

I think for the alltrac im gonna go with the synapse or tial.

toayoztan

I like synapse too, but b/c of their shallow marketing scheme to deface Tial, I won't support a company like that.

If a company can't support and market their own product on the product's own merit and credibility, that's pathetic in my book.

AKA "We're not saying we are good, we're just saying we're better than Tial...which we think is a shitty product."...so?

Rant, end.

Bryan

tw2

Thanks for the advice, good to know whats out there. I couldn't really find a thread like this when I was searching so it will be good for anyone else wanting to know the same thing. I definitely don't recommend a knock off HKS style one. I am not sure if my one ever worked.

I haven't really heard of synapse. Tial might be the way to go.

zero06

synapse seems like a gimmick. open at vac means you need a filter (or should use one) and that only restricts venting, which is its primary purpose. :bangshead:

also I cant see any advantages to open at vac? It cant flow enough to make a power difference, only enough to disrupt laminar flow in the intake?

I have a tial 50mm havent got the car together yet though...

In reality anything is better than stock, which is nothing :lol:

ZeroDrift

Out of the several I've used and the many I've seen on customer cars in the past I am still very much an advocate of Synapse. On a MAF car they don't make much sense with out the anti-stall kit. Having the valve open at non boost times is ideal when there is a long distance from filter to throttle body (ie: FMIC). This would act as a turbo bypass for a more responsive driving experience while not in boost.

As far as the size of the opening (flow) honestly that size is more than enough. As an example, take a look at Borg Warner's EFI turbochargers with a built in re-circ BOV. This is where the industry seems to think bigger is better and its just not the case.

While I've no personal experience with Forge's diverter valves, I've heard some good things about them.

Noise and such is more for the user, but as far as your turbo/engine is concerned, the speed of operation and ability to not leak is what matters at the end of the day. On a side note, on MAF equipped cars, it is less than ideal to vent any metered air to the atmosphere. Technically it should be recirculated back to the turbo inlet pipe. :wink:

Edit: Also I would have to agree that Synapse has a tainted reputation as they have gotten into at least one major online 'bash fest' with Tial. As far as I'm concerned both Tial and Synapse have made fools of themselves yet both offer great products. That being said,I still prefer Synapse and I've been using their BOV's for years without trouble.

tw2

Thanks everyone I got a tial recirculating one in the end. I am not a fan of the noise just the turbo saving part.