Gen1 fuel system on gen2 head, urgent simple question

brutekiller787

Anybody ever fit the Gen1 fuel rail and injectors onto their gen2 head successfully? if so i have a very important question...

What did you use for the injector seals? and please don't tell me "just cut the caps off the end of the gen2 injectors". i don't have a gen2 rail or injectors. i've tried honda, dsm, blah blah, etc. but nothing is just the right size. the gen1 one's are too small, they fit around the injector fine, obviously, but they do not seal against the head completely.

so what did you guys use for the "injector seal", as i call it, head to injector o ring, whatever it's called?

Thanks very much in advance, this is the only thing i need for my car to run perfectly.

brutekiller787

I do but they are too small on the outside to seal against the bosses in the gen 2 head that's on it. Probably because it came with side feed originally :-/

Mafix

i realize gen 2 are side feed. i didn't know the boss in the head was larger. and there are no o ring shops you can simply go to (rare these days i suppose)? and no oversized o ring you can get from one of those kits at a parts store.

tw2

I was going to suggest the viton. I have a speed source fuel rail. Surely you can get it from somewhere and have it made. I am not sure how they manufacture it. Can it be lathed? or does it have to be custom inject moulded or something? Or as mafix says there must be a O ring somewhere that will seal.

brutekiller787

i've tried pushing them down, but the way the fuel rail mounts it's hard to keep it pushed in while tightening. i might just have to find a 2nd gen fuel rail to tear up. or jb weld jk :twisted:

tw2

Yeah some people just cut the cups off the 2nd gen rail to fit the top feeds into. Gen 2 rails are worthless so should be easy to find a few to play around with.