Vinyl Wrap Hood

Hotrodhendrix

Well after doing my own paint job and messing up on the hood im thinking of just vinyl wrapping the hood and headlights.. The paint itself is a custom job with pearl and metal flake so matching it would be near impossible. Looks like the wrap would cost me a bit over 100 bucks and last 3 years. I dont have the time to repaint not to mention the rest of the car has been cut and buffed with 0 orange peel.

Car is Pure white with silver pearl and ultra fine multi color metal flake. Hood would be black carbon fiber wrapped along with headlights. Soon to be black tinted windows.

Anyone have pics of something similar someone has done? Thoughts or ideas are welcome.

~james

WarTowels

^ Agree.

I would also advise against a carbon wrap. But I don't have any good suggestions either...

I think I'd rather have a matte black than fake CF.

Hmm,

-Towels

tw2

Can you paint it a slightly different colour? I have seen a few cars where someone has used a slightly darker colour for the hood etc but it is different enough you know it had to have been done on purpose but still looks great.

celi_wabbit

Here is mine...

IMG_20111110_124402-1.jpg

IMG_20111030_140209-1.jpg

IMG_20111030_144159-1.jpg

IMG_20111112_172515.jpg

IMG_20111113_131151.jpg

IMG_20111113_131143.jpg

Hotrodhendrix

really do like the white carbon fiber but not sure about it on a white car. I could just paint it gloss black in the same manor I was thinking of wrapping it.. :/

CMS-GT4

You could always try the style that I suggested to gtfour 77 if you paint it black. (cues rolling stones)

34sy9.png

celi_wabbit

Hotrodhendrix":3l2m3bvx said:
really do like the white carbon fiber but not sure about it on a white car. I could just paint it gloss black in the same manor I was thinking of wrapping it.. :/

Well... I wanted to keep the color of my car uniformed, not all different kind of colors. So, I went with carbon wrap that blends in with my white paint job.

Terracar

I would recommend not wrapping it. In pics it looks okay, but in person you know it is a wrap job, there is no way to get around it.

-Terracar