ive always wanted one

donnyavery

mtbmr2 sorry ill post more info and some more pic tomorrow i dont a lot time right now but just wanted to jump on quick and ask if any one has that 1 wire temp sensor for the temp gauge to sell i need one

Attachments

• 01152012_004.jpg
    01152012_004.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,140

donnyavery

i maybe willing to sell for 4500 with out nitrous, water/meth, or boost controller i would like to sell this quick why im still off of vacation oh and the car is back together and starts but the hg is leaking but you can here it run

donnyavery

i just bought the new headgasket and bolts from toyota to throw in with the car all you have to do is change it

donnyavery

well has you've been reading (being a lot of help thank yous) i finely got the motor tear down done and it looks like every thing is junk with the exception of the block (ill post the pics tomorrow when im done organizing)
ok well i dont have the money to buy something right now so what im going to do is build one one peace at a time (and yes just like the song haha) i know this is going to cost more and take a lot more time then i would like but it will be right and ill know what i have
but ill still need help deciding how i want to go with this build and tracking down parts
350hp+nitrous i've made 317hp on a 4agte so i this should be very doable on a 3sgte

donnyavery

so does any one have a 3sge, 3sgte, or a 8bolt 3sfe crank in good shape any if posable i would like to try to keep it at or under 200$ shipped can any one here help? these all inter change right? im woryed about the 3sfe flywheel pattern and if any of thes are weaker then the others so if im wrong or any one as any info that would be grate and i know im throwing the newbie vibe here but this is the first full 3sgte build for me all my experience is with the 4ag as i drag raced with them for 4 years ive only had this going on a little over a year so im still learning so thank you for your patience

donnyavery

some pics

Attachments

• 08102012.jpg
    08102012.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,076
  • 08112012.jpg
    08112012.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,076
  • 08112012_001.jpg
    08112012_001.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,076

donnyavery

more pics with some help from the family

Attachments

• 08112012_003.jpg
    08112012_003.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,073
  • 08112012_005.jpg
    08112012_005.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,073
  • 08112012_006.jpg
    08112012_006.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2,073

donnyavery

well i got a gen3 crank on the way (thank you 99celigt) would yous like me to keep a running total to see what mild build would cost

donnyavery

does anyone have any input on how much abuse gen3 rods will take or should i just save money to buy h-beams? (i planning on 18 to 20psi and 100 or maybe even 150 wet shot nitrous)

aus jd 2703

gen 3 rods arnt to bad, the common consensus is that they are as good as eagle rods after u put arp rod bolts in. their just a bit heavy so u cant rev as high.
if u got the money yes if you on a budget git the bolts and new bearings.
i have a stock gen 3 and am running 17psi on stock ct20b 12 months now touch wood

donnyavery

my moroso block filler came today hopping my crank is on its way now on the hunt for rods and pistons im trying to decide if i want to use stock gen3 rods (i found a deal) because i can get them for 50 plus 10 shipping then 20 to have them shot peened and 45+10shipping for arp bolts for a total of 135 but i can get eagle h-beams for 350+shipping so is the stock rods up to it and is the savings of 215$ worth the peace of mind of knowing the h-beams would take the pounding of friday night street fights and then be reliable enough to run my kids around to car shows and stuff so im looking for yous to sway me one way or the other thanks i personally would like to go a little cheaper if i can because it will be back on the road that much sooner but i dont want junk thats how i got to this point

donnyavery

my h beams came so now on to pistons (and i think total seal gapless rings) im thinking 8.5:1 or 8.0:1 and 87mm i was hopping to find these in wiseco but i cant seem to but did find them in arias http://www.atomicspeedware.com/3sgte20lbore3425in8700mmcompratio851.aspxwhat do yous thing of arias i cant find a lot on them other then paradise racing uses them so they got to be decent right?
and has any one used tworus block girdle http://twosrus.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_77&products_id=297i want this motor to last a long time but im also going to abuse it at the track so i'm doing a short fill as i used to do on my fully build 4age's but i was also thinking a block girdle to keep the mains from shifting under high boost and nitrous

aus jd 2703

just be aware 8.0 cr is going to hurt off boost drivability and general response of the motor. if your going to always run nitrous then this probably wont be an issue.
to be honest with E85 its silly to go any less than 8.5. i went 9.0 and planning on running about 21psi on E85.

are you using nitrous as anti lag or right through the rev range?