Project Add power to make Sith - waiting for new home 8/20

toayoztan

Yeah, that'll good too. I just feel the ebay pics aren't the best and would like another look.

It just seems the flash is making the wheel look VERY perforated (although I know it's supposed to be), and it just seems to really stand out. Just curious to see what it looks like more in natural lighting.

Thanks!

Bryan

88gt4DE

Your paint work is incredible :notworthy: , Wish I could do something similar with the steering wheel ... Pedals look great also ... gas pedal look kinda similar to the old camry sport pedal ... I have a few of them but I havent been able to match the other pedals at all ... Antenna delete is also on my list since my repaired antenna doesnt always work correctly ...

aus jd 2703

I know it's going back a bit but a few q's about your brakes.
What front rotors did you use?
How is the balance given the rear rotors are bigger diameter than the front?

88gt4DE

I was just lurking and trying to steal yer pedal mod info. I got the pedal covers for the brake and clutch ... easy ... other than bending the rod for the gas pedal , what did you do with the pin ? I notice it only has a clip on one side and the newer pedal I have doesn't have a notch to keep the clip in place ... was looking for yer pics but dont see any working :shrug:

darthripley

I took all my pics down.
After some comments were made by lumbercis I didn't want to have any pics of any of my "crap" cars here anymore.
Everything we are doing is now on facebook, so consider this thread pretty much dead.

For the gas pedal, re-use the same pin that came off the stock pedal - the "new" pedal pin thingy won't work.

aus jd 2703

if you don't mind whats your FB, id like to see the progress on your car.
Rene's and You car would be the two most Tastefully modified I've seen.
not knocking any one else s car just saying i like the refined look.

abraxxa

@darthripley: that's a pity!
Everybody who isn't on fb, like me, won't be able to follow your progress :doh:
Don't listen to such comments, we're all in the same boat with our old crap cars! :D

darthripley

Thanks for the nice comments guys - I really do appreciate it.

I know I shouldn't let extremely negative comments that stupid people say get under my skin.
However, when you have put as much time, effort, money & have hand-picked high quality (mostly jdm) parts for this car as Joe & I have, I can't help but take it personally.
Until you have seen someone's car in person I believe you should reserve any comments regarding the condition.
Some cars have fading paint, yet photograph well, others may have decent paint jobs & look fair in photos.

At the moment, the engine has in all likelyhood a BHG & warped head, so I am waiting until we can get a new house with garage & NO HOA to undertake the rebuilding process.

I'm unsure if I will post photos & progress to this thread, but for the moment I simply need to walk away from it & share with those who truly care, are supportive & understand the type of build we are going for with this car.

Hotrodhendrix

Ehhh based on his posts over the years its obvious that he is very opinionated and willing to share it all with others. I say repost pics but its up to you. I enjoy reading back over mine every so often. Pics make it even more fun.
PS: I love Vadar

~James

darthripley

James - there's a difference between having an opinion & tearing down other people whether due to personal insecurities or just plain idiocy.
Something might not be my taste, but if I comment I just say well, I don't care for it but if it makes you happy that's great. I don't go into some sort of "everyone's car here is crap except for 2-3 people" tirade.

Like I said, I need time away from here for awhile.
I've got tons of personal stuff to deal with that's way more important to me.

PS - you see any progess on FB! :p

GT4times2

I agree with James. You shouldn't let the opinion of one person dictate or discourage you from posting and sharing your progress with us. I think you should put the pics back, imho. You built your car for you and Joe, no one else. Taking off the pics can lead others to believe that you built your car for others, and not yourselves. That's why this subforum, is called "MY PROJECT". I can clearly understand your frustration, but don't let it get to you. It's your car, and who cares if Lumbercis or anyone doesn't think it's magazine material. Your aim was not to build it for a magazine, but for yourselves.

Critiquing is normal, and encouraged in many builds. As long as it's constructive and can lead to advice, it's ok. I thought his comments were rather condescending to many people who have put countless hours of hard work, busted knuckles and money, while still understanding where he came from with what he thinks a clean car is. The point I made was that there were many Hondas, Evos, and WRXs that didn't have much work that warranted a magazine feature, yet they did, so why should there be an exception for All Tracs?

There are quite a few All Tracs here that can be featured in magazines and some Readers' Rides, so you can't let Lumbercis' opinion discourage you. It's his opinion. I understand what he meant, but doesn't mean I will go break the bank to build the Ultimate "Magazine worthy" All Trac. I will keep building a clean, decent hp, street/strip car that makes me happy. I will keep it tasteful and as powerful as my set up will allow. That's it. I dont care if the world doesn't like that I don't put Volks wheels or HRE wheels on it. So my advice to you is bring the pics back. We want to see them, and keep sharing ideas and input. That's what the forum is for.

And it's rather sad, since I shut down my FB account. FB is becoming too much of gossip machine in some circles, and I don't have all the time to dedicate to FB. Sadly I can't see your progress.

toayoztan

I agree with ^everyone up there.

Personally, I don't care if people think what I do is ricey, clean, gaudy, pathetic, or plain awesome. If they like it, great, if they don't," big deal."

Many people look at these projects to also pull ideas from, with plenty of lurkers who love all our projects I bet.

Remember, this is alltrac.net, not whatlumbercisthinks.net. Just put on a thick skin, it's the internet :wink:

Like I said, lumbercis wasn't the most "tactful" in stating his opinion...but it really is just that. I agree with ^him above, if you let his comments get to you, it's hard for the rest of us to not think you value most what he thinks, being he dictated your decision to remove the pics. More people than him love our project, so post it back up! :) We understand you have other things going on in your life, hell that's why my project is taking me years, so I understand! But in the meantime, take pride in knowing many others more than just one person love looking at your (and everyone else's) projects, whether you're active or not!

Bryan

darthripley

Thanks for all the different perspectives, thoughts & support from everyone.

Frantz, you are 100% correct. Joe & I have built this car for ourselves, just as we want it, not for a magazine feature.

Bryan, you are right too. I do need a thicker layer of skin, especially where certain jerks are concerned.

I am considering everything everyone said & I will put the pics back up in the next few weeks.
I will however, be taking a break from the project thread for awhile.
We're really not working on the car much anyway, so no one is really missing out on anything of great importance - I promise! :)

darthripley

Quick Update ---

The pics are restored so everyone can see everything again, from beginnings ~7 yrs ago to pretty much current state.

As the title says, we are looking for a new home, before any major engine rebuilding will occur.
We are just sort of tinkering with a few things here & there on Vadar, nothing really big.

Restoring all the pics gave me a new outlook on the whole project & made me realize just how far we have come from Vadar's new life with us.

I'll update in the near future, but until then, both Joe & I would like to extend a Texas sized "Thank You" to everyone (you know who you are) for all their support, constructive criticism & comments, help in finding parts, intelligence and friendliness. You are our Alltrac family & I am thankful to have met each & every one of you whether online only or "in person". Our door is always open for you no matter where we may be.

robolt

Best wishes to both of you and hope you have success in finding the right home.

(I am dreaming of aircraft hanger/shop as the 'perfect' space for me)

Terracar

Sweet. I love reading this thread, always is amazing.

So a new home eh? I picture a 4 car garage with a little house attached. Then again, it is not like you are against an engine sitting in the family room either. :rofl: Good luck on the search.

-Terracar