BOV Recirculation

GT4_Vinnie

Hey guys,

Im not to sure what BOV ive got, came with a FMIC setup i bought. Ill try upload a picture if I've got one.

Ive installed it after the IC just before the Throttle body, there is one vacuum nipple on top of the BOV, just wondering, do I run this to the back of the manifold or is this what I run to the intake piping between AFM and Turbo.

As on the BOV How To write up from Turbocelica.nl (http://www.turbocelica.nl/howto-blowoffvalve.htm) it says to connect the Vac line to the intake manifold. Ive got my MBC running to the back of the manifold, can I T of that hose after the WG and MBC and run the vac line from BOV into there. If I do this, then is that the recirculation or is my BOV not compatible with Recirc?

image0336edit.jpg

Theres my BOV, wanna get the engine running this weekend so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Vinnie

Hotrodhendrix

Sorry on work comp and cant see the pic. Recirc is just taking the vented air back into the intake after the AFM or what ever measures your air flow. So which ever side it releases the air from is the one you want to recirc. The vac line just tells it when to do so. I have mine run off the nipple on the throttle body.

Currently im actually deleting my recirc for vented.. Its less efficient this way but im not trying to be the fastest cat anyways. Just want to clean up the bay and get the sound. Yep im a ricer. haha

awolo

^ Correct.

That style of BOV cannot be recirc'd.

The nipple off of the BOV needs to go to a source directly into the intake manifold. The BOV should have its own vacuum line. Do T's into existing lines.

GT4_Vinnie

Sweet, thanks guys.

Yeah pretty sure it was Tial, certainly not knock-off, reputable dealer and price I payed for the lot.

Also didn't think it could be recirced. cheers, Ive got the BOV vac line running into the back of the manifold, along the same line where the MBC is leading into it.

Thanks
Vinnie

tw2

This is the tial recirc model. You can buy and simply swap the base to the recirculation design if you want to, they are all interchangeable at least on the current line up.
Blowoffvalve03.jpg

GT4_Vinnie

Aww yuhp, so Id then just run that large outlet into the intake piping just after AFM?

Sweet ill keep my eyes open for one similar to that.

Thanks
Vinnie

tw2

Yes that is correct.

I need to make a new intake for this one. If its not too loud I might just leave it open but I am not on the stock ecu.