Project Add power to make Sith - waiting for new home 8/20

Talk about your project car here

Re: Project Add power to make Sith - waiting for new home 8/

Postby darthripley » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 am

Quick Update ---

The pics are restored so everyone can see everything again, from beginnings ~7 yrs ago to pretty much current state.

As the title says, we are looking for a new home, before any major engine rebuilding will occur.
We are just sort of tinkering with a few things here & there on Vadar, nothing really big.

Restoring all the pics gave me a new outlook on the whole project & made me realize just how far we have come from Vadar's new life with us.

I'll update in the near future, but until then, both Joe & I would like to extend a Texas sized "Thank You" to everyone (you know who you are) for all their support, constructive criticism & comments, help in finding parts, intelligence and friendliness. You are our Alltrac family & I am thankful to have met each & every one of you whether online only or "in person". Our door is always open for you no matter where we may be.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby robolt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 am

Best wishes to both of you and hope you have success in finding the right home.

(I am dreaming of aircraft hanger/shop as the 'perfect' space for me)
'90 CS conversion
240Z, Super 7, + others...

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike
robolt
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 am

darthripley wrote:Quick Update ---

The pics are restored so everyone can see everything again, from beginnings ~7 yrs ago to pretty much current state.

Hurray! :D
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:51 am

Saaaweeeet! Where are you looking to move?

~James
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby Terracar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Sweet. I love reading this thread, always is amazing.

So a new home eh? I picture a 4 car garage with a little house attached. Then again, it is not like you are against an engine sitting in the family room either. :rofl: Good luck on the search.

-Terracar
'92 'trac - Demon - currently in need of some reconstructive surgery.
Terracar
Established Member

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Terracar wrote:Sweet. I love reading this thread, always is amazing.

So a new home eh? I picture a 4 car garage with a little house attached. Then again, it is not like you are against an engine sitting in the family room either. :rofl: Good luck on the search.

-Terracar

I picture a very large moon like house complete with death ray.
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby GT4times2 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 pm

darthripley wrote:Quick Update ---

As the title says, we are looking for a new home, before any major engine rebuilding will occur.
We are just sort of tinkering with a few things here & there on Vadar, nothing really big.

Restoring all the pics gave me a new outlook on the whole project & made me realize just how far we have come from Vadar's new life with us.

I'll update in the near future, but until then, both Joe & I would like to extend a Texas sized "Thank You" to everyone (you know who you are) for all their support, constructive criticism & comments, help in finding parts, intelligence and friendliness. You are our Alltrac family & I am thankful to have met each & every one of you whether online only or "in person". Our door is always open for you no matter where we may be.

That's the spirit!!! Glad to see things back up! :wink:

As much as I love cars, I'm not too fond of car shopping. However home shopping can be interesting. I hope you guys find the ideal house, and make it "your perfect" home. I guess we all seem to like projects one way or another. (It comes from owning an All Trac :) ). If I can offer any advice, and if common in TX, I'd look at homes with side entry garages, with enough space to build an additional one in the future.

Best of luck to you and Joe. Frantz and the boys are rooting for ya!! :)
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby phattyduck » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Terracar wrote:Sweet. I love reading this thread, always is amazing.

-Terracar
I've always wanted a 2-car direct access garage (clean, for the daily drivers) and a 2+ car detached garage with high ceilings for the 'shop' area.... that way the clean stuff stays clean and the projects have plenty of room. :)

There's actually a house like that for sale in my neighborhood, but my wife and I don't have enough money saved yet... :pissed:

-Charlie
'89 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GTE - SV25/ST205 hybrid
'99 4Runner SR5 4WD 5VZ-FE
Previous: '88 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GE BEAMS, '90 Camry 3S-GTE, '90 Camry DX
phattyduck
Established Member

Postby Terracar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:28 pm

phattyduck wrote:I've always wanted a 2-car direct access garage (clean, for the daily drivers) and a 2+ car detached garage with high ceilings for the 'shop' area.... that way the clean stuff stays clean and the projects have plenty of room. :)

There's actually a house like that for sale in my neighborhood, but my wife and I don't have enough money saved yet... :pissed:

-Charlie

Yeah, the wife and I plan on a separate garage for all my... ongoing projects, especially since my only request for the house was a 3 car garage was sent to the grave when we found our current house. Luckily we have some acreage to work with.

Hotrodhendrix - Good point, I can see the house fitting that description as well. When/if Darth/Joe have kids, I picture the VW commercial with the kid dressed as Vadar, but instead of the VW it is Vadar and the kid is being suspended by the real Sith.

-Terracar
Terracar
Established Member

Postby darthripley » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:12 am

Thanks for all the great comments guys, each one made me smile a lot :D

We are going to stay in the DFW area & the area we are looking at, has mostly 2 car garages, but some of the larger sq ft homes do have the blessing of a 3 car garage.
Our real estate agent caught on to the fact that garages are important real fast lol
We've had many houses fall into the "no" catagory due to steep driveways, garages being too shabby (looked at one house where the paint was literally all over the garage floor + a HUGE crack in the ceiling) & garages being too small with driveways way too short.

I'm already planning in for a shop/garage with a tall ceiling for a lift. we will either get like a pre-fab steel building or just build an extra 2 car garage. Some driveways are long enough where you can add another 2 car right in front of the existing one & have it be like a 2 car deep bay. I've got to look into city ordinances/codes etc but there are lots of ways to get to the 4 car garage of my dreams :oops:

Thanks for all the continued support & well wishes. :)
You'll know when we have a new house b/c I will update with a pic of Vadar in a garage! :D
86 RN66 Hilux 4x4 Turbo Truck "Falcon" 22RTE
87 AW11 MR2 "Super 2" 4AGZE
90 ST185 Celica AllTrac "Vadar" 3SGTE
99 SXV20 Camry "Maul" 5SFE
Female Moderator
darthripley
All Trac Goddess

Postby underscore » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:10 am

darthripley wrote:Some driveways are long enough where you can add another 2 car right in front of the existing one & have it be like a 2 car deep bay.

I'm starting to look at houses and I never thought of this! Damn good idea and best of luck on your search!
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
It's for sale! http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=52181
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God

Postby Terracar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:56 pm

4 car tandem would be sweet. (the 2 car x 2 car deep)

-Terracar
Terracar
Established Member

Postby phattyduck » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Terracar wrote:4 car tandem would be sweet. (the 2 car x 2 car deep)

-Terracar
I have a friend with a 6-car tandem (2 wide, 3 deep w/ entrances on both ends and driveways on both sides). We do big install days there - enough room to work on 4-5 cars at a time. The bar with taps and the large fridge add to the experience. Ugh, so nice!

And to get things back on track... I was doing some minor paint work on my Alltrac over the last few weeks, and I'm reminded how much work it is! It puts all the good detail work on this thread in perspective.

-Charlie
'89 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GTE - SV25/ST205 hybrid
'99 4Runner SR5 4WD 5VZ-FE
Previous: '88 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GE BEAMS, '90 Camry 3S-GTE, '90 Camry DX
phattyduck
Established Member

Postby jonstew » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Good luck on the house hunt! Finding a house with the perfect garage is not an easy task but you are determined so you will find the right place. My house had too low of a celing in the attached 2 car garage for a lift so my solution was putting the lift outside on a pad and building a mini-barn around it. People laugh but it works perfect for what I use it for.

~John Stewart
Indianapolis, IN.
'93 ST185
'88 ST162 (this car will run again....I think)
'02 Tacoma
'03 IS300 SportDesign
'02 Mercedes-Benz C320 Wagon (ole unreliable)
jonstew
Club Member

Postby abraxxa » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:19 pm

I couldn't sleep if I'd know that my GT-Four sits below another car! :doh:
facelift ST205
abraxxa
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to My Project