What to do after removing interior

celigts

So I wanna and have removed the hatch area plastics and plan on removing the back seats and those panels as well.

What would you do after removing the plastics. I was thinking maybe temporary to use some fabric and tape or just have it tied down on the top and bottom to cover the ugly lol.

Anything I can cover to keep the winters a little less cold in the car?

gt4tified":juv7r09m said:
What's your reason for removing the panels?

+1

So your removing the the plastics, and then wondering what to use to do the same thing as the items you just removed.

Just remove the seats and leave the plastics their if you dont want to see the body panels. Fabric would look terrible IMO

CMS-GT4

Years ago, when I thought I was building a racecar, I removed the interior. If I drove it now and then, and just for fun, I liked it. If I had to drive it daily, it sucks. Its noisy and looks bad from that stand point.

celigts

Well it will be a daily driver for sure. Wanting to use a gts for autocross... So not worth it to figure out a way to make it work you guys think? Might have to bail on the idea.... I'll think about it. Maybe I'll find something to make something.

deecee

Instead of removing and replacing with something else, have you considered using different colours or materials? Changing the colour and texture introduces quite a difference.

deecee

its just what show cars mostly do. Glueing down leathers, suedes or smoothing out and painting are some of the ways they customise the cars. Considering I have done it for car audio builds, re-trimming panels isn't too bad on mostly straight panels.

It is just when you do curves or depressions is when you have to break out the industrial sewing machine. Alternatively smoothing out the panel by sanding down, using body filling/fibreglass and painting generally makes inflexible and harder to mount panels.

Do a google search and find some more info about upholstry.

celigts

loudstealthGT-Four":3ajqlok5 said:
If its a daily driver then why are you removing the seats and interior???????????????
cuz nobody likes the back seats so why keep them as seats. Use it as open space. I have a mountain bike I take to the skate parks and my nitro and electric rc. Perfect space for them all :)

ccmo612

Just remove the back seats and see you you like it. For the plastic bits they don't weigh enough to justify taking them out unless it was going to be a full blown race car.