Wrong ECU

timdog1720

Quick question hope someone answers ... I looked on a couple site but for my ECU i'm not able to find an answer

I'm running 94 Celica, I've place a 4th Gen 3S-GTE from Caldina. I also converted my car from auto transmission to manual.

So what I have is a 94 Celica manual 3S-GTE, I did not realize that the guy who sold it to me sold it with a auto transmission ECU. only realized this cause I ran the serial number on the ECU it its a auto (89661‑21330). and apparently there is a difference cause for the same car manual serial is 89661‑213"2"0.

So my question is does it matter what ECU im using they both have the same pin hook-up. and if it does make the difference, then what would be the symptoms and why it wouldn't work

Thanks guys always for your help

Rpz123isme

you will be fine, just need to hook the neutral safety switch from the trans to the clutch switch so you can start the car!

Rpz123isme

I understand that, and any car with an auto trans computer will not start unless you trick the ecu into thinking the car is in neutral or park! its been a long time but i think its a white-black pair of wires on the 4 pin connector going to the trans that needs to be jumped. might be white-yellow wires? anywho its just breaks the starter trigger wire unless the trans is in the right position. the safe way to do it is run the wire inline with your new clutch trigger wire so the car will only start when you press in the clutch.

timdog1720

ok.. but when Dr. tweak did my wires there is no extra wires to go to the transmission .. in fact i told him to setup them up for a manual shift car ... so i'm assuming the wires are not connected to that pin ... but also my car has been running

Rpz123isme

then im sure the starter wire does not have the break for the safty switch, seeing how its running 8) . you will be just fine running the auto ecu on a man trans.