Supra Fuel pump confirmation.

3s_woob

I've been searching for a while and also reading on wolfkatz.com. Just want more confirmation on my understanding for my setup. I'm running stock ST-185H/RC injectors(cleaned), stock RC FPR, RC ECU,and RC AFM. Would it be ok to just run a supra fuel pump without getting an adjustable FPR? Would there be any negative impact fuel system and motor? Any EFI wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

I would speculate the supra pump to be slightly more powerful therefore with stock fuel system you might run into overfueling n possibly fouling out plugs n running too rich n all that stuff.. I would guess a nice aftermarket fpr wit a gauge might be in your best interests, at least till ya figure out your numbers, they're worth the security anyways. then maybe bigger injectors if need be.
That's just me though I could be mistaken.
Hope I helped maybe a little :D

3s_woob

That does help. Thanks for the reply. I'm just going with a factory fp for now until I really figure out my hp goals and learn more about fueling applications.

saved_1992

iv had a supra pump in my car for 30k with stock fpr no problems. 46 trim on turbo 440 injectors and 3 " exhaust, g force ecu . have not fouled plugs at all, afr reading idle 14.7-15 area full throttle goes to 12-11 dont see any black smoke from exhaust either

3s_woob

Yeah I've been seeing mixed reviews saying to beware of over fueling and people saying it's fine. I really haven't seen a definate answer on this.

phattyduck

Over-fuelling might happen if you have disabled the two-stage fuel pump control circuit. If you have it in place, you should be fine.

I had a bit of a problem running rich on my (then stock) Camry Alltrac with a Supra Turbo pump, but it doesn't have the two stage fuel control circuit (stock 3s-fe).

-Charlie

underscore

If you have a wideband just watch your AFR's and see if you're running richer. If you are, get an adjustable FPR.

3s_woob

So I decided to go with the supra pump and stick with the stock parts for now... will hook up a wide band just to keep an eye on my a/f ratio. if it is running too rich then I'll run a adjustable FPR. Thanks for the help guys.