Anyone tried subaru rims?

UtahSleeper

So, I have been trying to find some simple, stockish rims for my trac. My hunt for some 6th gen celi rims has come up empty and I started to look at some mid to late 90's suby rims. From what I can tell, they are simple and fit our bolt pattern.

Has anyone run any suby rims? Any issues with offset? From what I understand the center bore doesnt matter, as long as it is as big or bigger then our hub.

So, anyway, any input would be great or any other stock/simple wheels that would fit. Just want to get some simple 15's.

phattyduck

OutToWinPAHC":2q4x9dle said:
Arent most 5x114.3?
Only '05+ STi's and newer Legacys, etc. are 5x114. All non-STi Imprezas and the '04 STi are 5x100.

5x100 Subies generally have a high offset (factory = 48-53mm, depending on wheel) which is a problem for Alltracs. The center bore is 57mm instead of 54.1mm - this would be ok around town but there is a good chance of wobble/etc. at highway speeds.

-Charlie

fussellbug

The larger center bore can be corrected with hub rings and the higher offset can be fixed with wheel spacers but there are plenty of other wheel options available which would not require spacers or hub rings. I personally like the look of the 7th Gen GT-S wheels (16"x6.5"):
image.php

and the 7th Gen GT wheels aren't terrible either (15"x6.5")
image.php

UtahSleeper

phattyduck":1fw93f71 said:
OutToWinPAHC":1fw93f71 said:
Arent most 5x114.3?
Only '05+ STi's and newer Legacys, etc. are 5x114. All non-STi Imprezas and the '04 STi are 5x100.

5x100 Subies generally have a high offset (factory = 48-53mm, depending on wheel) which is a problem for Alltracs. The center bore is 57mm instead of 54.1mm - this would be ok around town but there is a good chance of wobble/etc. at highway speeds.

-Charlie

I thought our cars were lug centric and not hub centric? Plus, if needed I can always get a ring for the hub. I assume those should still be available.

Although I didnt realize the offset was that different from the trac's.

Just trying to find reasonable options.

I ruled out the GT-S as I want 15's since that should make snow tires cheaper. I have been looking for 7th gen 15's, they just dont come up too often.

Ideally I would get 6th gen 15's, but the availability locally and with reasonable price is not looking too good.

So, just trying to see all my options. May just get some steelies for snows, but would mind something a little more open.

UtahSleeper

That is reasonable. I guess a better description would have been cheap lol. I have seen the 15's around locally for about 100 to 150, just didnt have cash. I just want a cheap set of rims to put on my trac so I can sell the awful 17's (IMO) and use that money towards a different motor.

I may just keep looking for a toyota based rim in the right size, but still wouldnt mind hearing other peoples ideas.

Awesome-Trac

UtahSleeper":2fqixtal said:
That is reasonable. I guess a better description would have been cheap lol. I have seen the 15's around locally for about 100 to 150, just didnt have cash. I just want a cheap set of rims to put on my trac so I can sell the awful 17's (IMO) and use that money towards a different motor.

I may just keep looking for a toyota based rim in the right size, but still wouldnt mind hearing other peoples ideas.

Dang if you were Only closer to Cali I would have sold you my 7th Gen rims with tire for 200.00, I have 3 sets of celica rims and 1 pair of WORKS!!! My collection is only getting bigger and I'm running out of room :doh:

phattyduck

UtahSleeper":3f7kgrd8 said:
I thought our cars were lug centric and not hub centric? Plus, if needed I can always get a ring for the hub. I assume those should still be available.

Although I didnt realize the offset was that different from the trac's.
Passenger cars are essentially always hub centric. A 54.1mm to 57mm ring would be hard to find... Like I said - winter low speed use might be fine, but the offset might still be a problem.

Of course... a custom 10-15mm spacer with a 54.1mm bore on the hub side and a 57mm bore on the wheel side would allow you to use any Subaru wheel you want... of course that's not cheap. :doh:

-Charlie

gt4tified

My current 16x7 rims I believe came of an RX7 from what I've heard. Its the SSR Integral A2 (38 offset)...I wouldn't swap them for the world (unless I'm going with a BBK).