Decent coilovers?

zero06

Does anyone use fortune auto or hotbits coilovers? They have st185 applications and seem to be a much better option that the apparently more popular teins and megans.

lumbercis

is hotbits a Malaysian company? Their prices are in RM (Malaysian Ringit?) http://www.hotbits.org/motorsport.aspx

And decent for what? If you want something for the track then the only way to know is to ask for an individual shock dyno or put them on a shock dyno yourself.

If you just want something to hold your car up and lower it a little bit then I guess any of the common coilovers will be fine. They're all about the same at that point.

underscore

The hotbits coilovers are $886 CAD/$909 USD if that's the case, I wonder how good they are? The Fortune Auto ones are about the same as the BC Racing RAM types price-wise, again I wonder how good they actually are.

zero06

Both companies provide actual strut dynos, are rebuildable, upgradable, and have more adjustment options available. I thought I'd bring these to the forums attention.

Edit: also both of these brands have been used by several rally teams on other applications.

underscore

Well now why did you have to bring that up the day after my BC's arrive! :bangshead:

Just kidding, thanks for bringing them up.

ZeroDrift

celigts":34cpysf2 said:
Interesting. What about the ksports? Your unknown to me brands seem intriguing.

Those are not quality by any means.

Between Hotbits and the other brand, I'd try out the Hotbits. They make a fair quality rally coilover that many novice-mid level grassroots rally teams use.

underscore

celigts":1h341kot said:
Could they be set for road use to or mainly for offroad use.

I think he meant that they also make rally coilovers, I'm pretty sure these are tarmac coilovers.

coutoGT4

Let me know if you decide to pick up those hotbits as im also currently debating which coilovers to get for my st205. I'm also looking to replace my SS fig 8 link and control arm's, anyone know the best way to find these parts at this time? Does anyone know if TCB still operates?

Eurus

CMS-GT4":19fp26e8 said:
Did anyone ever try these. Based on some research Hot bits is pretty known in rally.

I know Fortune is well known in Drifting, at least out here; and are very heavily praised by s-chassis owners.

CMS-GT4

Fortune has told me they have no interest to develop for the 185 chassis. They make a set of 205 coilovers that the fronts might be adapted, but that is their only option. I am researching hotbits stuff now as it seems they had seen some rally success, but it is possible a ER series BC coilover exists, which might a be a simpler option.

CMS-GT4

celica_gtx":15kzbgil said:
What about ground control suspension?
What do I need to do to mod my struts for those

There are some how to's on that subject. You will need to search around a bit. It will involve some cutting and welding and converting the rear strut into a insert type. Worth the work for a low buck setup. I would price it out though to see if it will get you what you want vs something off the shelf.