aus jd's 1990 gt-4 celica

aus jd 2703

yeah ive done it twice last time the fuel lines got pinched so one of the hard lines is a little bent/crushed, one day ill fix it.
right now just enjoying the car and my new brakes.

aus jd 2703

Wow long time since update.
So what's changed... Broke clutch pedal last November so decided it was time for a haltech ps1000 standalone ecu..... Makes sense right?
So spent this year piece ing it together and a summary is:
Gen 3 3sgte
Haltech ps1000 with fuel pressure oil pressure oil temp and boost control
Gtx2867 turbo 3" exhaust
Pwr fmic
Rc front bar and bonnet.
Turbosmart fpr
Hks ssqv
Haltech racepak dash
Xiii Motorsport mounts needed to be modified to fit.
Solid brass shift bushings

Ok so cars running again. It's running a base tune from a st185 so is rich and conservative but has enabled me to check for teeth issues and I've found a few.
Ps steering lines are leaking. I can't get a spanner on it to tighten it so will drain the fluid and use a socket to nip it or up or get a different fiting as currently it's a washer seal and I've got a feeling the rack should be inverted flare. Not a big deal.
No boost spiking in 4th at 6.5k rpm so that's promising.

Major concern at the moment is the radiator fan. I mounted a 12" Davies Craig fan and at idle it is on more than it is off. And given it's warm but not hot weather at the moment I think I need another fan for the car to survive summer. Looks to be enough room so surely two 12" pullers will be ok.
When moving but water and air temps are fine so it's just a matter of fans
Hopefully a tune in the new year. Car has taken a back seat to a few family issues and other life expenses but once it's done it will be very fun. Not long now

aus jd 2703

That's just toyotas way of dealing with high boost on a stock ecu= dump fuel lol.
It's mega rich with the haltech because it not actually tuned it's just a safe map to move the car around