Hydro-Ebrake

l0ch0w

I can see where it would be useful in a high dollar rally where they can afford to replace the dog-geared transmission and clutch type center diff after each race.. But unless you are a professional team, I just don't see where it's useful...

@klue: why the heck would it even matter if the clutch is in? Spinning wheels and vehicle momentum will have an exponentially greater amount of force load on the drive train than the engine could ever produce...

klue

l0ch0w":x05d3mf4 said:
I can see where it would be useful in a high dollar rally where they can afford to replace the dog-geared transmission and clutch type center diff after each race.. But unless you are a professional team, I just don't see where it's useful...

@klue: why the heck would it even matter if the clutch is in? Spinning wheels and vehicle momentum will have an exponentially greater amount of force load on the drive train than the engine could ever produce...

Your basically saying the same thing the last person said.

Yes I get it vehicle in motion, take into consideration that if your racing/rally you dont give a shit about breaking stuff. You want to get that car around the course as fast as you can, and if that means shortening the life of a transmission then so be it.

clutch in take the engines torque off the drivetrain, and its just got to deal with some rotating mass. A a lot easier thatn 350ftlbs.

Last night I asked at our rally shop and got this answer. Ideally in rally you will have simple plated 1.5 LSDs in all three positions. When you lift off gas pedal all 3 diffs will unlock. That allows handbrake action without damadge. I wouner if any of dog gear kit manufacturers have any diff solutions for front and center. I also wounder how plated LSD will work as center diff for street use. No answer about visco and Hydro-Ebrake.

The pipe dream here is an active center diff that will unlock when you pull Ebrake. Evo and STI can have that for street.