project alltracst185 update! 6/15/14 rust is gone!!! :)

alltracst185

phattyduck":3djini5y said:
Are the joists (or ceiling) high enough for a lift? :D

Ugh, I can't wait to have a house so I can do a garage like I want. (my current garage isn't bad... I'd like to do more)

-Charlie
Yes they are :wink: A lift is in my future plans :D

Got my hubs almost off but, ran out of decent light. Picking up some florescent light strips in a bit to finish the wheel bearing teardown.

Landon

Love the wheels man. Looks so good. What are the specs? I like your house too, looks like a good buy.

alltracst185

Made some preogress with the car this past weekend. I got the front wheel bearings done and she's now back down on all fours :D I ordered some ST205 brakes off ebay to help stop this best :p More to come soon! harder than I thought to find time to work on her with the house and all :|

alltracst185

I dropped the tank today to install the 340 stealth pump and noticed some cancer on the driver side rear subframe mount :( Now i have to bring it to a shop to get a new mount fabbled :x anything to keep this project going and costing me a fortune...gettting a little fed up with this car to tell you the truth :cry:

alltracst185

UtahSleeper":32zb7xeo said:
Is the cancer that bad?

Bad enough that I want to fix it. It's the only rotted part under the car :x damn NE winters!!!! I drove it one winter back in 05, and under washed it twice a week :cry: No worries, she'll be fixed soon.

toayoztan

Did it myself. I used a sawzaw to make a clean cut of the mount. Grinded down and cleaned it up, then my little brother rewelded it back on.

One of the bolts to hold the front sway bar onto the chassis snapped cleaned into the mount...we couldn't extract it, no matter how much we tried. So I hacked the mount off, took out the snapped bolt from behind that was stuck into the stock welded nut. Cleaned it up, and rewelded it back on. Upon doing all of this, i noticed that area was slightly bent....previous owner must have ran over something.

In general, it wasn't the most fun project...the worst project so far was probably replacing a good section of my rocker panel.

Bryan

alltracst185

So I haven't had time to touch my trac lately, but I did pick up a new toy a few months ago :D It's a 03 IS300 5-speed LSD with a 2JZGTE swap :wink:

183.jpg

178.jpg

189.jpg

168-1.jpg

164-1.jpg

Landon

What!? So jealous! Look really good man, thats awesome. I love the IS300s, even more with that motor swap. :)

toayoztan

Getrag transmission?

Good find! When I got my IS300 to dd, it's been hard not to mod it, but I've held back so far!

Bryan

alltracst185

Thanks guys, It's a really fun car I must say, and I finally got to use my CCW Classics i've had for years just collecting dust in my garage :twisted: Since the pic above i've cleaned up the engine bay a lot! I'll post updated pics soon, still have some work to do and painting the wheels a different color :wink: It's just a little something to play with while the trac is down and out :(