Hotrodhendrix

Rear struts were convereted to accept mr2 inserts
G2 struts front and rear new
Whiteline 1' lowering springs
New boots and bump stops
New tie rod ends
New sway bar endlinks
whiteline rear sway bar

After all this was done im getting alot of noise from the suspension. Sounds almost like the suspension is traveling up and down from not being bolted down at the hat enough though it is. I could not find anything loose.

Idears?
~James

GT4_DRED

If you haven't, it might help to put it on a lift and go through the suspension connection points. What about the modded rear strut; is the insert nice and tight?

88gt4DE

Maybe the tube is not tight in the housing .... were you able to tighten the nut all the way down in the tube till you ran out of threads ?

Hotrodhendrix

I think they were tight but that is definatly something to look into. It has been ahile the car just has been down since. Strut mounts were fine before I installed all the new parts so I doubt it is those.

~James

Hotrodhendrix

Thanks for the replys! 88gt4de got it right! The inserts were not tight in the housings. A few washers later the issue has hopefully been solved. I found one of the front swaybar bolts had been replaced with a self tapping screw.... It was doing nothing. Not sure how I will fix this issue just yet but its on the list.

~James

88gt4DE

Good news man , glad it was easy ... yer other issue with the sway bar bolt ... you talking about were it bolts into the bottom of car in floor ?

Hotrodhendrix

Yeah. Each side has a nut and a bolt holding it to the frame. The nut side is fine but it looks like the bolt side was broken at some point. The stock location seems to have a nut on the inside of the frame but its no longer there.

88gt4DE

Wow , that's gonna be a bitch. I don't think you can get to the other side of that even with the carpet and everything up out of the way. any access hole to feed a nut up to. Other than cutting an access and re-welding I'm not sure there's any other way to fix that ...

underscore

The GT4 Racing swaybar bushings run a bit thicker than the stock ones, so I ended up needing to add a few washers between the bracket and the chassis to avoid squishing the bushings too much. Maybe with a set of those you could weld a thin nut onto the outside of the chassis?

Hotrodhendrix

underscore":21y1v5b7 said:
The GT4 Racing swaybar bushings run a bit thicker than the stock ones, so I ended up needing to add a few washers between the bracket and the chassis to avoid squishing the bushings too much. Maybe with a set of those you could weld a thin nut onto the outside of the chassis?

That is actually a really good idea! The stock bushings need to be replaced anyways.
~James