ISO: Scott Kovalik

pepper

Haven't talked to him for quite awhile myself. But he should be at the rally cross at PIR this Sunday.

-Mike

A

Anonymous

I've been trying to find Scott for years if any of you still have contact info. I mean, I have what appears to be good e-mail and phone number but he won't answer me since he has owed me $5000 for close to 5 years now. I've even talked to a couple of his rally friends to try to get him to make some sort of effort with me but he still hides.

I am one of the few people he has ripped off that is still willing to work with him on getting paid back. All the rest are just trying to get him arrested. IF anyone still has contact with him, please pass the word along that all I want is contact and a plan toward him paying me back.

In case anyone doubt what I am saying, I have years worth of e-mail where he admits that he owes me this money and promises to make amends but then disappears.

Thanks for any help.

CodingParadox

I wrote off the debt a long time ago... It's like 500-600$, and really lame, but oh well, sometimes you get screwed. I wonder how many people got screwed on his sponsor hookup site thing.

A

Anonymous

Well, when I ran across your thread I kinda figured that might have been what happened. There were an awful lot of us in the Fiero/kit car world who he took for big money. I know of at least 6 others in the same $5000 hole I am in.

I didn't write it off though. For some reason, no law enforcement agencies seem to be willing to do anything about it... Yet. But someday one of us will get through to someone and then we will all jump in.

Actually I defended Scott for a long time and thought he would do the right thing. Ended up putting a black mark on my good reputation for a while. I really hate what is going to happen with his family whenever all of this does come down, but he didn't seem to mind taking a large sum away from my family so I guess that is just how I have to look at it.

Thanks for responding and I hope we all get some sort of recompense someday.

A

Anonymous

Yeah. I did that probably about a year ago. Talked to Paul Eklund. He listened to the story and told me it was none of his business. Said he would tell Scott I called but it was up to Scott if he called back.

Same thing with a couple of other organizations he is/or was a part of. Talked on the phone with some. E-mailed with some. Basically they all said that they knew Scott had problems but they didn't care.

Personally, I would think that a known scammer would be a detriment to my business or organization but apparently the internet is not that wide reaching yet. He still rips us off and keeps on rallying, racing R/C cars, and owns close to 300 internet domains where he tries to get money from people in one form or another.

I don't see how he does it. I feel bad if I cut someone off in traffic accidently!

CodingParadox

Man, that sucks. I didn't know about his past. He helped me out a fair bit several times with my Alltrac, but then also ended up keeping all the money he owed me, so, I won't say it cancels out, but it's very strange. Oh, well. Good to know about in the future in case I run across him or anything he's done. He randomly showed up to an autocross at Packwood last year. I wish you the best of luck in tracking him down.

The last address I had for him was:
1010 NE 157th Ave
Vancouver, WA 98684

He was there last I talked to him in early 2006, but I don't know if he's moved.