Starting to fall in love with these

CSAlltrac

Rocket Bunny FR-S
AY0F3445-Hi.jpg

UtahSleeper

I think the complaints of power are a little much at this point. The spent money making it handle well and I think that was a better place for improvement. Plus, most users are going to try and upper power on any car, so this gives you reason :)

And with you, love these damn cars!!!

ALLensTRAC

Take a look at how much that kit costs. Its more than all the Tracs for sale right now lol! I drove one last week just to see how it felt and I liked it. Very easy to control at the limits, pitches well, and holds the road effortlessly. I plan to get one as a daily once home life is a little more stable.
Also I was told by a Toyota engineer that the engine and trans side of the wiring was designed so it could be removed from the multiplex system and all the other systems would still function normally. I tend to believe him as everything else he told me about it 4 years ago has come true lol.
When I get one its going to take every fiber of my being not to put a 3s in it lol!

UtahSleeper

In the snow, I agree. 0-60 or 1/4, the FR-S has them beat. Still prefer my alltrac, but if this thing could fit an AWD system under it I might have a different vehicle.

st185rc

This car is garbage and doesn't deserve the Superleggeras I put on them from my old car, I miss my GT-Four RC for real. :cry:

UtahSleeper":383d2ih7 said:
In the snow, I agree. 0-60 or 1/4, the FR-S has them beat. Still prefer my alltrac, but if this thing could fit an AWD system under it I might have a different vehicle.

I dont think the FR-S is faster in the 1/4 mile.....I just dont understand why they didnt make it Turbo....It would be selling like chicken and waffles.

deecee

it is already selling well enough with waiting lists around the world.
If I remember correctly, Toyota and Subaru have agreed to a restriction in significant changes to the engine resulting in a 1 year base model before offering upgraded versions including turbos.

UtahSleeper

83841":1jczcwnq said:
I dont think the FR-S is faster in the 1/4 mile.....I just dont understand why they didnt make it Turbo....It would be selling like chicken and waffles.

The research I have done makes it look like the 0-60 and 1/4 are faster.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1204_2013_scion_fr_s_first_test/viewall.html
0-60 6.2
QUARTER MILE 14.8 sec @ 94.3 mph

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Toyota-0-60-mph-Times.html Not sure on the accuracy
1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac
0-60 mph 7.4
Quarter mile 15.5

I would expect the FR-S to be a little faster since there is less drivetrain lost and it has newer tech, but, still doesnt make it better :) The FR-S is just a sexy bitch!

gt4tified

Well, considering that almost all the alltracs that I know are modified for considerably more power than stock, chances of a FR-S meeting up with an alltrac and being 'faster' are slim, really slim.

UtahSleeper":34o26q86 said:
83841":34o26q86 said:

The research I have done makes it look like the 0-60 and 1/4 are faster.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1204_2013_scion_fr_s_first_test/viewall.html
0-60 6.2
QUARTER MILE 14.8 sec @ 94.3 mph

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Toyota-0-60-mph-Times.html Not sure on the accuracy
1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac
0-60 mph 7.4
Quarter mile 15.5

I would expect the FR-S to be a little faster since there is less drivetrain lost and it has newer tech, but, still doesnt make it better :) The FR-S is just a sexy bitch!

Oh I've been looking at the specs of an ST-205 Gt4

CMS-GT4

I think they have a lot of potential. I do wish there was an option to buy a more powerful model without having to mod it. This might be a car I consider in a few years if I want something else to play with and don't end up in a 4-door.

Hotrodhendrix

Great car for the ladies or a daily grinder.... Personally my GTO daily grinder dominates them in every aspect and for less. Unless you plan on doing alot of upgrades I just dont see the point for the price.

~James

UtahSleeper

Hotrodhendrix":36f6kk0r said:
Great car for the ladies or a daily grinder.... Personally my GTO daily grinder dominates them in every aspect and for less. Unless you plan on doing alot of upgrades I just dont see the point for the price.

~James

Guess its a matter of preference. I love the GTO, but would never own one. Too big for my taste. I like small cars.

I imagine the GTO wasnt as cheap new. 30k?