So I bought AEM's EMS-4 for my st215 powered Alltrac

Tecker185

I got in last week, first thoughts are man this thing is small. At first I thought it was some kind of scam. I got it off eBay BNIB for $683 shipped, so I thought I'd been had.

When you buy the ems you get just the ems. No software no plug, a few instructions and some mounting hardware. The software must be downloaded via the website.

My only problem is why not include at least the multipin plug. Why sell a product that you can't install out of the box? I searched high and low to see if it came with a plug of any kind, no luck.

I got it running and idleing, I need to verify actual time verse what is read on the ems. Then I should be able to start tuning this thing.

I'm surprised the very little that is out there for base maps and info. I pretty much made my own base map, there isn't much for support.

I also could not get the software to work on my laptop. I have a Sony vaio windows 7 64 bit, it would install but if I opened any base maps it would give an error. I used my buddies laptop he has windows 7 32 bit, works flawlessly. Just an FYI before you buy download the software use some features and confirm it will work.

Tomorrow morning I hope to be able to drive the car. When I get a tune that I'm happy with I will post the calibration. I have searched high and low looking for something I could put in to start the car with with no luck. I will be more than happy to help anyone who has issues getting there car going.

Tecker185

Yes I got the multipin plug for an additional $100. Not to hard to wire up just need the ecu pinout, a lot of stuff isn't needed.

Tecker185

So Ive got the car running and I was able to drive it home. Ive attached my base map that should start your car. Everything is stock with the exception of a gm 3 bar map sensor part# 12223861.

Now is the long process of tuning and smoothing. This was all very new to me and frustrating experience. I hope this helps anyone who is trying use the ems-4 for there st215 swap.

OutToWinPAHC

Cool as I am going to use the same, however I have worked with a good bit of these and other AEM and that always come with the USB cable and AEM tuner software.