TORSEN FRONT & OR CENTER LSD $2500, NEED 5 GUYS

Like it says, I can have them made, either front & center can be LSD (torsen Type) or 1 open or LSD, LMK....working drawings in progress.....need 5 people

Pat

RedCelicaTRD

So we can get a front and center LSD for $2500 or would it be $5000 for both? This would also allow us to ditch the viscous unit, correct?

To clarify, its a completely NEW assembly, minus the ring & speedo gear....1 assembly, either front lsd/open center, or both front/center lsd, we have to pick one or the other or both 5 order minumum each....

athousandleaves

I'd see the center LSD exploding after some abuse...
Mechanical center diffs are best for true offroading and rock climbing or for track cars that have a bazillion dollar budget.

The viscous center unit on our cars really isn't that bad.

Never got a response from anyone & I didnt want to pay for 5.

I can still get it done tho & at 2500 the price is reasonable

Been thinking of a front/center LSD with some kind of spool to remove the viscous to cut some weight

BADNEWS

I would be in for a front lsd with a center open cause I am having my VC unit upgraded right now. Are these torsen or clutch type? I know torsen center LSD's break so i would shy away from that. If others wanted a clutch type I would sell my VC unit.

since the front diff is part of the structure for the assembly everything has to be made, Frana helical assemblies hold up. Here is one for the srt4 http://www.franavehicles.com/diffsminispools.html. The factory torsen cage is much lighter made of a lesser material. There is no room for a clutch type, if i remember correctly the id for the front diff is less the 3"....with a hole 1" od for the axle. I havent thought out the effect of putting a spool instead of a viscous fully yet

BADNEWS

I know sleeper and Trevor both ran a welded center. Trevor didn't like it so he took it out. Sleeper runs it in his car. I saw this video and decided this is not what I want for my car:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/zQbVYScwaDs

So count me in for a front torsen with a center open that still can use the factory VC unit. I know Quaife UK is looking at making a front diff in another thread but I have little hope it'll go through.

Plus the research I did on quaife making center diffs they state that if you use their diff for drag racing it will break. So that is why I'd like to stay away from the center diff being a torsen.

BADNEWS

maybe we could do a center too. I guess quaife just didn't have enough room to make it reliable. But then again I think our trans has less room. I'm guessing on that though.

Effective June 15, 2001, Quaife America will no longer replace broken differential housings on 76.309.155 (9B1) Center Differentials at no charge.

We have found that, due to design constraints of the transmission, the original equipment third gear that meshes with the center diff housing is prone to failure under extreme loading in modified vehicles. When this gear fails, it may cause the gear teeth ground on the Quaife housing to break, necessitating replacement. The Quaife Center Differential made for the Mitsubishi Eclipse/Talon AWD Turbo models are built from very high strength, case hardened material. However, even the superior construction of the Quaife Differential may fail under these situations, under no fault of the Quaife product.

Since this type of failure is not a fault of the Quaife product, we will not replace a broken housing that is due to this type of occurrence free of charge under the Quaife lifetime warranty policy. We will, however, replace the housings at a specially arranged price that covers our manufacturing costs.

All other components of this differential remain fully covered under our limited lifetime warranty.

For more info, contact our tech department at (949) 240-4000.