st165/st205 wiring problems.

MrMcQuacker

Okay. Lets see. Where to start... I have a st165 that I am trying to swap in a st205. As for most of the wires under the dash I kinda got/understand. I don't have a st165 motor harness FYI. So I am just putting the whole st205 motor harness/ecu. I am going to use the st165 Fuse box. This is where my problem lies. I have A TON of information from these sites and basic Google searching. But I need clarification. I have a friend helping me here and there which, Really helps me a lot. I just don't want it to seem overwhelming for him. So I will try to get as much done weekly without his help until the next free day, to show my progress.

Thing is I was having difficulties on which wires to cut into and stuff and he said "What ever wires are comming from the car that hooks up to the fusebox is already done for you." Whatever else plugs are missing you need to combine the st205 motor wiring into the fusebox plugs.

Okay so for the plugs that were missing from the fusebox were {2B, 2C, 2G, 2H} Now from this source ( http://www.st162.net/forum/showthread.p ... te-upgrade )I found out what those connectors are/do :)

Okay now for those connectors I am reading through the st205 english bgb wiring diagrams. I tried reading them but aint getting anywhere to well. Ill just post the connectors/Pins and if you guys have any info for what please share :)

2B Pin 1 (12v comming out of the fusebox link)
Pin 2 (12v 40Amp AM1 fusebox link)
Pin 3 (12v 40Amp AM1 fusebox link)
Pin 4 (12v 30Amp AM2 fusebox link)
Pin 5 (Nothing)
Pin 6 ("L" Terminal of the Alternator)

2C Pin 1 (A/C High pressure SW(Switch)Radiator fan) 3sge?
Pin 2 ( Nothing)
Pin 3 (circuit opening relay pin6, air flow meter pin 2, vsv(for engine idle up) pin 1, cruise control vacuum pump, cruise control vacuum switch, cruise control switch(comb. sw) (THIS RIGHT HERE CONFUSED ME A LOT)
Pin 4 (Green/Blk stripe-No info)
Pin 5 (Nothing)
Pin 6 (A/C Magnetic Clutch)

2G Pin 1 (Nothing)
Pin 2 (TCCS ECU Pin 2)
Pin 3 (Plug 2G pin 6)
Pin 4 (Charge Warning Light (Combination Meter)
Pin 5 (Circuit Opening Relay Pin 2, TCCS ECU Pin 13, Check Connector Pin 12, Oxygen Sensor Pin 2, VSV(for t-vis)Pin 2
Pin 6 (Plug 2G Pin 3

2H Pin 1 (12v 40Amp AM1 fusebox link)

So when I look on the st205 wiring diagram and this info, I get lost. Especially when I see long info per pin for Ex ( 2G Pin 5) WOW. I am sorry for such a long message, I hope this doesn't get ignored :| I really am trying to work this out but need more guidance.

hey mike, i bet if you find a celica engine harness for an 88 non alltrac, you can get everything running again. so go to the yard and buy one including the fuse box. the fuse box contains relays for efi, right headlight, left headlight, headlight motors, etc. the main problem lies in the two plug that runs inside the cabin apart from the ecu plugs. they should be a part of the engine harness that supply power to the ecu, dash lights, rpm sig, speed sig, etc.

MrMcQuacker

I have those connectors for the fusebox. Got them from the junk yard the other day. I just can't seem to find those corresponding wires in the st205 harness near the ea1 and other plugs.

wat i am trying to say is that you dont need to cut and splice them. the relays and fuses work the same way for either fuse box. in short, your cutting wires for a relay to run another relay to turn on your lights, or cut a fuse to wire in a fuse for your headlights... it makes no sense!!!

st205 harness - cut all non engine related wires. everything except wires that are coming out of the ecu.
st162 non alltrac - cut all engine related wires. evrerything that comes out of the ecu.

now merge both harness together. then splice or repin 3rd st162 ecu plugs. this is the axillary plug that supplies power to ecu, dash light, rpm, etc. match up the two ecu plug pins... shouldnt be to hard!!

MrMcQuacker

Jezze lol. That seems like a little more than I was expecting. I am going the route that urban went. Besides the use of st205 fusebox. I'm going to try and stick with the st165 fusebox. I am almost done. Those wires I showed I just need help finding what wires on the 205 harness go to those plugs wires

ok, its up to you. just so you know that is how you do any wiring job into any car. ex, if you wanted a 2jzgte in your alltrac, you do the same thing.

things to consider, your charging circuit, starter circuit, ac circuit, reverse light circuit. this is why its easier to keep the body harness of the st165 and engine harness of the st205.

secondly, what are you trying to do with the fuse box?? are you still going to repin or splice third ecu plug?? how about the two auxillary plugs that feed oil light, rpm sig, warning light, reverse light, battery warning light??

fill me in so i can help you with it...