Ecu took a crap!

2RM

So I ve been having this wierd issue with my check engine light. At times it would come on real dim, get brighter, then turn off, come back on and so forth... I tried tracing the short or loose connection in EFI circut to no result... took the brains out today and took them apart and discovered black burn marks on the smaller of the two boards.... Ill try to post pics.
The ECU is 89661-2B290. I have a spare J-spec 89661-20750. But it seems to have a very different pin out. And some pins like THG, CCO, ACT are missing completly... Does anyone one know what those are? Do I need them? Should I get a patch harness or re pin the ECU for it? What do you guys think? What are my options here?

Attachments

• 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    567.9 KB · Views: 1,793
act is for ac compressor turning on. i cant remember the rest. btw, i have a good running ecu from an mr2 if your interested. i can do 100shipped lmk.

2RM

Let me check the pin out. I have a diagramm. It could be identical. The later MR2 and Trac ECUs have the same pin out. Ill let you know. Thanks man!

2RM

You have a J-spec ECU as well... The pin out is different just like on my spare GT-Four ECU. I need either a USDM late model MR2 or All-Trac ECU 89661-17390(MR2) or 89661-2B290(All-Trac)....

4rsnduction

Re-pinning isn't that hard if you have the right tools.
Something super small to unclip each pin from the plastic multi connector, i use a really tiny screw driver, like really really tiny.
Removing the first pin from the multi connector is the hard part but once you figure it out the rest will be mega easy, just remember to remove 1 at a time so you dont mix anything up.
If you need some help just scream :?

2RM

Thank you guys! I may give it a shot :D I didn really want to repin the harness. Im affraid to get lost in all of those wires... Do you think I should repin or get a patch harness??? Another big question is what are the THG, CCO and ACT pins.... I think someone said ACT has to do with A/C.... I dont want to loose my A/C :p + I know nothing of the other 2 pins...