MXP's ST165

MXP_57

Time for some updates:

The car started!! Last Friday.

I couldn't get the MS2 to read the VR (Ne and G1) signal even with the additional dual VR conditionner board.

So i went to the good old method, and ground two teeth 180 degrees apart of the Ne 24 teeth wheel. Telling the MS2 to read it as a 12-1 (1 missing wheel) at crank speed.

It worked straight away, even without using any software noise filtering.

It fired really good. I still need to work on the tune. Here is a video of the first start: Listen to it with headphones or good speakers. the sound is really deep :-D

VIDEO

I'm very happy with the result of the Varex muffler. Even fully open with the 1m short exhaust, the sound is no louder than the starter motor...

Here are a few pics:

dsc00963k.jpg

dsc00966p.jpg

dsc00967w.jpg

dsc00798ld.jpg

I will start the tuning this week. I just have to finish the interior and do the wheel alignment.
:thumbup

MXP_57

Hey guys,

I've updated the build list on the first post as well as the pictures and added a new video link too. :)

I've been too busy with my brand CEIKA and also some parts like the roll cage bent tubes and fiberglass panels taking long to arrive. I will now start building the roll cage and full sandblast/respray. Then put it all back together.

It's gonna be sweet and really nuts. As a result it will be used as a demo car for CEIKA.

It will weight less than 1000kg and i will push it until over 600hp on e85. If i can reach 700hp with that engine, i'll see how it goes with my experiment of water injection without intercooler and e85. Then i will build another engine suited for that power on the side before this one blows (if it does! maybe not with the J&S). It will also help me find the right size turbo for this setup because there is no references anywhere. :p

Anybody running 275/35 tyres on st165?

MXP_57

Yes, i have some fender flare +7cm. I will have to hack the fenders too. In the front it's the fiberglass ones i will have to be more careful in the rear.

But the whole extra width (extra 6cm compare to my actual tyres) is all going to go toward the outside. :D

Anybody experienced a 12cm wider track on our cars? It seems like a lot.

klue

12cm is alot, consider the stress your putting on the suspension components from increasing the leverage on them.

When I wideded my rear 40mm(via 205 rear end) it softened up the rear quite a bit. I run the sway bar full stiff to compensate, but I will be using a stiffer spring next year.

I run + 40mm rear(no spacer) and + 30mm front (using spacers) 17x8 +35 offset, rear fenders are cut right out, fronts are rolled and stretched. with 235s i literally cant go any more without poking

MXP_57

Thanks for the feedback.

I thought as well about the extra leverage put on the springs. It's amazing that you could actually feel it with 40mm spacers.

There is a formula to calculate the extra leverage and what spring rate you should put.

When i say 120mm wider track it's 60mm on each side. 120mm each side would have been quite a lot yes! :p It wouldn't fit in my garage anymore i think haha

i'm trying to find some wheels with ET0 or ET10 to avoid running spacers.

klue

MXP_57":1ojhozt1 said:
Thanks for the feedback.

I thought as well about the extra leverage put on the springs. It's amazing that you could actually feel it with 40mm spacers.

There is a formula to calculate the extra leverage and what spring rate you should put.

When i say 120mm wider track it's 60mm on each side. 120mm each side would have been quite a lot yes! :p It wouldn't fit in my garage anymore i think haha

i'm trying to find some wheels with ET0 or ET10 to avoid running spacers.

OK you were scaring me with the 120mm haha

Actually on the rear I dont have a spacer, all the track width is from swapping a st205 rear end. I had to use spacers on the front to balance out the car as it was massively under steering after that. Now its a lot more neutral with the sway bar compensating for the weak springs. Definitely with more track width the car handles much better