Rear Swaybar Endlinks Upgrade?

Azonic

jjpetek":s7cm56yk said:
I think this might have been overlooked above. Under NO circumstance should you preload the sway bar. Adjustable links are not for preloading, and they do not adjust the bar stiffness. .... :smokes:

I have a real world issue/fault of getting adjustable links...

on the MR2 I raced, after several drops on the front....
I switched to a "new" adjustable end link provided as a prototype for testing...
They were good quality, strong, and nice and short....

However, they were too short!

Here is the issue with adjustable links, and links in general..
They affect the geometry of the sway bar, not ride height...
if the link are to short, under compression of the susspension,
the link can and will reverse...
if this happens on one side, talk about preload!!!!!!
on the MR2 if this happened on the driver side, it would also lock the steering in one direction... all very dangerous issues!!

After this happened a few times I figured out what it was...
made my own rod for the link at the correct length...
and live was fine!! but at that point, I never "adjusted them... EVER!

Preload of a sway bar with cause reduced roll to one side, while increasing the roll to the other..
It is a give and take....

The joy of adjustable links is making those "safe" adjustments as you mod the car.. lower and lower...

camry90

who here has tried some RACINGBEAT ones? does it fit? mine doesn't seems to fit with my whiteline sway bar.(rear)

88st165

Hmm be more specific on how it does not fit......

I have them on my white 165 with a whiteline swaybar and they fit just fine.

Landon

can i bring this thing back to life? i'm planning on getting a new rear whiteline sway bar and i want endlinks as well. however twos are us is pretty pricey with stainless steel. which racing beat miata ones work? all the links are dead. i want to get front and rear and would rather not have to do much fab right now. let me know what ya'll think. thanks.

celigts

K I know this is off topic a little but would whiteline adjustable sway bar e links work on the front? My busy has some but don't know if they were for miata or they're universal.

underscore

celigts":1yhnvfvu said:
K I know this is off topic a little but would whiteline adjustable sway bar e links work on the front? My busy has some but don't know if they were for miata or they're universal.

Measure the max and min length between the bolts/holes on the RB ones, then compare that to the stock length?

CMS-GT4

I have had the racing beat ones for a decade. I am not sure what designs they use now. I could see making your own for less, and with more adjustment from Mcmaster parts.

FabZ

anybody knows if two R us is still alive? I've been trying to buy a set of endlink for over a week but they dont accept my paypal nor my canadian credit card.. so i sent them two emails.. but never got a reply...

i might build my own from mcmaster carr if they dont answer.. but if i remember, if i wanted full stainless it was cheaper to buy the two R us..

Corey

Their home page says they had a closure from Nov 28th to Dec 18 ?

I have their end links. I had to shorten them (grind off ~1cm of the threaded rod) in order to use the Whiteline swaybar on the hardest setting.

Also, make sure to use a torque wrench on the nuts. The shop I was at had a special low profile torque wrench which could fit into the tight spaces. If the torque is too low, they will back off and the endlink/swaybar will start binding with the struts as the suspension compresses = knocking noises.

The OEM torque is 47 ftlbs.

klue

FabZ":2xje5hmq said:
anybody knows if two R us is still alive? I've been trying to buy a set of endlink for over a week but they dont accept my paypal nor my canadian credit card.. so i sent them two emails.. but never got a reply...

i might build my own from mcmaster carr if they dont answer.. but if i remember, if i wanted full stainless it was cheaper to buy the two R us..

I can offer you the same endlinks twos r us uses, and accept your canadian funds :p

Great product, I recommend the SS to avoid corrosion issues if you drive in the winter months

FabZ

@corey, oh didnt see that.. i'll wait. thks for the torque spec. i dont know if i'll need to shorten it though since i'm pretty low on coilovers and the oem end links are too short now.. :p

@Klue. i'm not driving the car during winter but i'd still like them full SS. Can you tell me more about your endlinks in PM please? :)

Mafix

unless clearence is an issue, there is no difference between a 10 foot long end link and a 10mm long one. research guys. so much horrid info in this thread.

Mafix

use a bfh.

seriously though, i'm guessing you car is quite low? your best bet would be to build a set.

oh and to report:
i've take mine all apart this year for a check up and chassis adjustment...and guess what. every single joint is perfect. drag racing, hill climbing, auto crossing, and in general aggressive driving. DONT USE CHEAP JOINTS
mine are 6 years old at this point. never greased or rubber capped. how they are pictured in my first post is how they look and how they are installed.

FabZ

hell no i'm not using a hammer on my coilovers! lol! even if those BC have an horrible fitement and i need to modify the brackets...

So yeah i'm pretty much slammed. and so i cant put my whiteline on the stiffest adjustment because the endlinks hits the coilover... thats why i want some adjustable endlinks. so i can adjust them long enough to correct my issue... And no need to tell me i should raise up my car instead. it's already planned for that summer since i want to joint a lapping club with some friends and i'll be using my GT-Four while i build my Supra.. after that she goes back to her slammed sexy look! ;) her main purpose his to be a weekend driver/neck breaker so i know i'm fucking up the suspension geometry by being as low as i am but i dont really care if its just for looks... i'll have my supra for performance. :)

underscore

Wait, you want the swaybar on the stiffest setting but you've already killed the suspension geometry by slamming your car? Why would getting it on the stiffest setting matter then?

FabZ

because i want to raise the car to a proper height in order to get the car on the track this summer. while i work on my track car project. when the track car will be done and i'll slam it again, its true that wont matter much.