Wheel spacers/adapters

Awesome-Trac

Does anyone know the what's the max amount of spacers you can have on a st165? And does anyone have any experience with wheel adapters? I could be saying the question wrong so please anyone feel free to help me re-word it

Punknoodle

Ok depending on where you live, legally, none. If you are however, allowed to run a spacer, you shouldn't run more than one on each wheel. The best spacer you can run is a hubcentric bolt on spacer, it uses your factory studs to bolt on to the hub then have it's own studs pressed in to it to mount the wheel. The ones I use are H&R, 25mm, and they are really good.

If you don't use that type you will be using one that simply goes between your wheel and hub. It's important to get one that is hubcentric so it doesn't move, and also that you ensure your studs are long enough to ensure a good amount of thread is in the wheel nuts - you will likely need to run extended wheel studs.

Personally I don't like option B, but if you don't want to go out too far then you'll not be able to run one from option A, as it needs to be large enough to house the factory studs and nuts.

Hotrodhendrix

There is a review on here over the evay spacers which I have found to be great quality. Search for it and you will pay half the price of the H&R's

~James

Awesome-Trac

I understand running one spacer per wheel except no I'm trying to figure out what MM of spacer I should run to help get rid of wheel gap.

underscore

Well that would depend on the size of your tires and the offset of your wheels. Measure from the edge of the tire to the fender, if there's 5mm worth of gap that you want to remove, get a 5mm spacer. As far as stacking spacers, I see no problem with it as it's no different from having one big spacer or lower offset wheels.

Punknoodle

The problem with slip in spacers is that they are held in place by being squeezed between the wheel and hub, there is nothing actually bolting them to anything. I have heard that regular checking of the wheel nuts is required, as minor movement can occur in some circumstances, causing the nuts to loosen.. I imagine then that that problem is intensified when using more than one spacer,

Awesome-Trac

I'm using a 25mm 5x100 to 5x114 adapter on my GTS but do occasionally check for play just to make sure the bearing isn't going out. I main thing that conscerns me is will it affect anything on the suspension?