Block heater

wingnut

If you mean the core hole plugs, there are four in front and four in the rear just below the cylinder head. The fronts are easier to get to but you'll have to remove the turbo to reach one.

Brui

what do you Chris do in winter? what I was told by mr2 board I can use #3 cylinder frost plug but it is a PITA to get it out, I just wanna to double check

Dano

When I got my ST165 a few months ago I asked my Toyota dealer about installing a block heater and they suggested that I wait until the car needed new turbo seals or other work because the turbo had to come off and other stuff and it would be a 4 or 5 hour job.

I later discovered and electric plug in the engine bay and so I learned that I already have a block heater. The original owner was a doctor from Lethbridge, Alberta.

Stubble

I live in Winnipeg, which is just a few degrees warmer than antartica in the winter. When my rad cracked one night at -42C, i decided I needed to do something. Too expensive to put a block heater in (it goes in the front of the #3 cylinder). I ended up putting an inline heater into my lower rad hose. I just rebuilt my engine, and I still didn't bother with the block heater - I'm just going with the inline heater.