Exhaust purchase? ok or not ok

brutekiller787

ALLensTRAC":1yr8kh24 said:
I have the Motoria midpipe connected to an ATS Downpipe and an HKS exhaust. When I bought the car it had the full motoria setup on it. That thing hit everywhere!!! It hit the front crossmember, rear frame, and almost touched the trans. Once I replaced the rear section with the HKS I had at least 3-5mm clearance everywhere. I didn't even need to shim the crossmember. Just my .02
Allen

might have to do with this exhaust being 3" diameter and the hks only being 2.5" :shrug:

polm

I have this exhaust and it sounds like crap with the included muffler, no cat and a downpipe. If you change the muffler for a can muffler like an hks or an apexi or even a cheaper magnaflow, it sounds a lot better. Also, I had fitment issues with the front part. The mid pipe wouldn't clear the crossmember so I had to buy longer screws for the crossmember and put spacers for it to fit nicely. Overall it's decent for the price. I installed mine in october and it seems to be doing fine even with the salt on the roads and the very harsh winter. I see very little surface rust but that's all.

These are the bolts I used, it's the correct thread and they fit right in place: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/M14x1.5x70/ES472827/
For the spacers I used some regular washers you can buy at the hardware store.

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Pierre