Supercharged 3sgte~3sgze??

Overtriped

I've got a connection that has a whipple* s/c 2300cc capable of 30 PSI what do you think ?!?! Has anyone done this? [
D0A2F454-CE6C-4C98-B0F6-611155E10570-3055-000003A4ED5F53EA_zpsef9b224c.jpg

Overtriped

typically they get mounted on the top near the intake, mine will have an IC so that has to fit in there too...I have a spare hood that I could modify. Keep In mind these supercharges are common and is reasonably priced used. Why wouldn't it boost if its hooked up via belt to the crank? I feel it's just a matter of building the right manifold and brackets...

sinerasis

I'm sure you could make it work, but why would you want a supercharger instead of a turbo? Especially on a motor that comes turbocharged?

Ghost1

i been researching the 5sgze for a while for my gts. its more cost effective just to put a 3sgte. but i was thining of using a different sc.

sinerasis

It'd sure be different, but unless you just get parts for free I can't imagine it'd be more cost effective to remove a decent turbo system (even if it's just a starting point) and install a supercharger. If anything it'd be a wash money wise. Especially if you're looking to do ~30psi. That's expensive no matter what you do.

Properly built and tuned turbo systems don't have lag issues.

Could be cool though, just not something that would really make sense IMO.

Overtriped

Yeah, basically. Pretty sure the hood would have to be cut- ill make it fit. The stock intake manifold would be replaced with a welded aluminum one. I haven't measured it but this build hasn't started yet, we will also be supercharging a 2jz aswell in the future. Another project that's In the works now is a twin charged Camry
A71F860D-ACEB-4ACE-9A11-5C43F94AF4BB-240-0000003CA12F36C8_zpsc73bed1d.jpg

Overtriped

In this situation it does seem plausible to twincharge. I do want to have an IC. We could make the intake piping work since I'll be going that direction on the outlet from the blower anyway.

CMS-GT4

There is pics of the twin charged st205 you could look at around here somewhere for inspiration.