abraxxa's ST205

abraxxa

I had lent my solder paste to a friend, seems this was the reason they aren't so well done.
Got it back today and the soldering went way smoother.

Yesterday I bought the last components and finished the loom today:

IMG_6997.jpg

IMG_7000.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

IMG_7014.jpg

IMG_7019.jpg

IMG_7017.jpg

l0ch0w

In the future, I might recommend using no-clean solder next time :) Its not as friendly on the environment cuz it contains lead, but in all honesty... it makes life soldering a WHOLE lot easier, it flows into wires almost instantly and wont pool up like that.

abraxxa

On Friday I received the ignition cables:

IMG_9519.jpg

IMG_9521.jpg

IMG_9524.jpg

IMG_9526.jpg

Yesterday I've measured the last cable length and installed the harness:

IMG_9533.jpg

Today I've soldered the four ignition wires to the Haltech and started it up.

Yesterday it didn't start because the batterie was too weak, but aber jump starting it and a short drive it fired up without problems today.

Conclusion: ignition problems are gone, it revs a bit better but the rev meter doesn't work because it's wired to an output of the stock ignition.

abraxxa

I haven't received the invoice from my tuner yet but he said about 160 euros.
The length are 75/70/70/65cm for cylinder 1 to 4.
It would be ideal if the cable for cylinder 2 would be about 1cm longer, else they are perfect.
Photos from the engine bay follow.

abraxxa

I've revived my ST205 from winter hibernation on Friday and installed schaumi's tacho signal converter box so I've a working rpm indicator again. :D

abraxxa

My tuner told me that most JDM engines look that way because they store them outside. It looks like new after getting machined.

Hic

Abraxxa

I buy these from UK, and these are practically new. Not washed, but really new looking. This looks like it needs.a total overhaul :)

abraxxa

Much has happened in the last few month, most of the parts arrived:
- a bunch of Toyota parts including the large gasket kit and the WRC/Grp-A waterpump
- ID1000 injectors
- Brian Crower valve springs with titanium retainers
- ACL bearings
- JUN 256 degree cams with cam gears
- a nice twin-scroll turbo

We're still waiting for the Brian Crower 2.2l stroker kit with 86.5mm CP pistons.
And I haven't decided on a FMIC, either a Threadstone TR8/TR8L, TR1035 or TR11 or a Mishimoto. Any suggestions? Bar-Plate vs. Tube-Fin has both its advantages.

And here are the first photos of the exhaust manifold:

20130406_155819.jpg

20130406_160021.jpg