Dope gt four video thread

toayoztan

It seems it had some very heavy image stabilizations, b/c overall the video was smooth.

Did you ever get the overlap taken care of?

Bryan

CMS-GT4

Cool vid. That is about what it sounds like in a rally car, which sucks. The one I drove on gravel killed my ears from the metal pinging and the mics picking it up as well.

CSAlltrac

^^ That thing is a monster. You can hear just as much dog box wind up as you can turbo spool! Second video at 225 is an epic drift. Anyone know the car or where a build thread is?

Meurz

It's built in Norway, but the Norwegian forum seems to be offline. I did save 200+ pics when checking out the thread roughly a year ago, what parts are you interested in?

CSAlltrac

Meurz":5ljpiut7 said:
It's built in Norway, but the Norwegian forum seems to be offline. I did save 200+ pics when checking out the thread roughly a year ago, what parts are you interested in?
Mainly the engine build and trans setup. The whole car is intriguing to me though. :p

Meurz

My computer is not cooperating, I will try to post up some pics when it does. From what I can see though - It's got a cool air intake, NOS fogger system, T4 turbo Dominic :p

Joking aside, I see:

Darton sleeved 2nd gen 3S block (85 mm bore), with coated CP pistons. Can't see rods but do see Crower (and ARP) stickers. Gen 3 head with high lift unknown camshafts. Gen 3 sump setup. Custom sidefeed intake manifold and wrapped custom tubular exhaust manifold with huge Turbonetics turbo and 50 mm external wastegate. MSD coils, big ass FMIC with 4" piping at least, trunk mounted radiator (very large but also thin, alu with plastic end tanks, 2 shrouded fans, OEM from heavy equipment I'd say), water pump and fuel cell/surge tank. Tilton OT-II clutch, OEM propshaft, OEM rear diff housing in OEM subframe (with aluminium bushings and diff mount). OEM front suspension arms/ARB, rose jointed rear arms, TEIN Superstreet coilovers. K-Sport 6 pot front brakes, custom non FIA spec welded cage, Sparco Circuit seats with Sparco harnesses, unknown pedal box, hydraulic e-brake.

You can see the engine shortly at the end of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCSb6RX7r_8

CSAlltrac

That's an impressive build sheet. Although any racer, any real racer knows its mostly the NOS fogger doing all the work. :p

guys there was this vid on youtube of a celica doing a quarter mile drag. It was shot from behind the car and had serious cam on it. sounded like brap brap brap bra-braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppp then a huge backfire. anybody remember this video? been looking for it for like 3 days now.