Front LSD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

szuti

Hi Guys!

I found a company who can make a front, center differential for Gt-Four ST205 same as TRD stuff. Do you have anybody who are interesting also?

athousandleaves

szuti":12vx90rw said:
I found a company who can make a front, center differential for Gt-Four ST205 same as TRD stuff. Do you have anybody who are interesting also?

I think there would be interest but most of us would like some more information on who this company is so we can investigate some of their other work.

Also the TRD Diff set was a clutch type which seems to be less popular with everyone on here than a torsen type setup.

BADNEWS

You should start a new thread and list all the info you can about it. Like they "can" make one or they "already have" made one for a ST205? Price? Does it have to be a group buy or can you order them individually? What type of LSD are they, clutch or torsen? Can you buy just a front or does it have to be both like the TRD one? When you order how long is the turn around time? If it is a group buy, what's the minimum amount of people that have to purchase one.

Things like this.
I'm interested to hear more.

szuti

I will meet with the guy from the company tomorrow. If he can answer every question i will open a new topic with the informations.

lumbercis

^Yeah, several companies have said they can do it until they actually get a stock front in their hands and realize what's actually involved. :|

Still, if it pans out that you've found the white buffalo let us know. There's certainly plenty of interest. 8)

MrDB

Maybe cheaper to fit gearbox and rear diff from an early evo lsd front and rear. Has been done once afaik.

szuti

Hello Guys!

I have good and bad news also. Se have 1 set of TRD front and center differential, and he thinks he can make the same using the original, but told me he doesn't think can be the same quality even if he uses very good quality material for that. He makes sequential gearboxes, dog kits for rally cars. He told me this is a very exspensive to make this L.S.D. even if it wont be the same. I don't know which is the good decision. What do you think?

underscore

szuti":142dxidz said:
Hello Guys!

I have good and bad news also. Se have 1 set of TRD front and center differential, and he thinks he can make the same using the original, but told me he doesn't think can be the same quality even if he uses very good quality material for that. He makes sequential gearboxes, dog kits for rally cars. He told me this is a very exspensive to make this L.S.D. even if it wont be the same. I don't know which is the good decision. What do you think?

So it won't be as strong? Does anyone know how strong the TTE ones were? I know they could hold up to the abuse of a rally but they only had to last a weekend of racing, not several years of driving.

athousandleaves

:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:

Allen!
What's going on!? We haven't heard anything since last year, is this officially dead?

athousandleaves":1fgkqflb said:
ALLensTRAC":1fgkqflb said:
Well I sent Scott an email yesterday and I got an automated response that he will be out of the office until December 3. I will email him on the 4th to get an update. Sorry guys

Really hate to ask but is there any update on this?

Once again, what is the status with Qualife and the front LSD for our transmissions?

ALLensTRAC

I am basically getting no response from Scott. I have sent him email after email. I was waiting until I got a proper response but I haven't. My buddy with the Motovicity account is trying to get an answer but everytime he calls Scott isn't there. I will continue to email bomb him but its not looking good. Once I hear a definitive "no" I am going to start working on Kaaz to see if they would be interested. I still want a front diff no matter what happens. I am sorry to everyone about my 4-5 month hiatus but I had a tough end of year last year (lost my brother suddendly). I have not given up and will continue to search for answers.
Allen

BADNEWS

There is not enough room for a clutch type is my guess. The front diff has enough from for the sun and planetary gears only. Not so much to shove at least 3 friction discs and and a cone spring additionally on each side. I would be in complete shock is any clutch style LSD company said they could make it. I think the only way is a helical or gear type.

ALLensTRAC

BADNEW5":1yawrztm said:
There is not enough room for a clutch type is my guess. The front diff has enough from for the sun and planetary gears only. Not so much to shove at least 3 friction discs and and a cone spring additionally on each side. I would be in complete shock is any clutch style LSD company said they could make it. I think the only way is a helical or gear type.

I had mentioned Kaaz because I remember seeing your thread regarding the TRD front/center combo showing plates that looked like Kaaz plates. That is why I was going to contact them if I don't hear from Scott soon.

Honestly I am thinking of joining in on the Frana idea even though its expensive. If Pat and you both trust his products then my 400whp car should be just fine.

Tecker184":1yawrztm said:
well if kaaz thinks they can make us one i could get another front diff if need be.

Hey I will make sure that sample diff gets sent back no matter what. They told me it would be sent back so I am holding them to that. Although if Kaaz gets on board we may need the front/center combo with shafts instead of just the front.